I am so grateful for Penni's invitation to join the 3 Day Cleanse America Initiative.
I opted to go for an additional 2 days, turning it into a 5 day - juicing/smoothies/liquid only exploration.
Here are my reflections on the journey
I am so proud of myself for fully committing to and completing my 5 day juice/smoothie feast/fest! I have 'feared' cleanses in the past. I did participate in the very first Cleanse America Initiative with Paul Risse and Penni Shelton, however in that one I chose the level 1 of the options which was committing to high raw -not juicing. So, I see how I have evolved and I thank you all for the support, encouragement and inspiration that we are sharing! What I am noticing -
1. mono meals are fun! this was something I was very resistant to in the past as well (complaining voice... 'i like variety, mono meals are boring... blah blah blah) - what I now know is that when coming off of a liquids only program it is really, really wonderful to have a meal of sliced cucumbers with coconut aminos drizzled over them -WOW!
2. I have dialed up to another level of energy and I am experiencing subtle tingles in my nervous system - good ones - and a kind of 'clean' feeling (can't fully describe it but I'm sure you know what I mean)
3. tears come easily - mostly from joy, awe and wonderment (way cool)
4. creative ideas are in full swing - which is so perfect because I am creating a new class in practical metaphysics for which I have 19 people enrolled and we start tomorrow night.
5. This cleanse came at the perfect time for me. I am so glad that I was able to jump in and commit and that you wonderful people are here.
6. Now that I am transitioning back into foods that I chew, and back to a more normal (very high raw - but with salads etc) way of eating, I notice my tendency to think... oh, ok that's over (the cleanse) so I can have 2 cups of coffee this morning like 'usual'. NOT!! I am endeavoring to tame that beast and amp up the smoothies.
7. the 3 day time frame really worked for me. I would have balked at a longer commitment (those complaining inner voices again...ooooh I can't do that, I have a class to prepare for) So, it was really cool to do the 3, then inch up into 4, then 5 (sneaked right past those complainers ;-)
sending love & blessings to you all.
I'm not signing off - just wanted to capture the awareness while it's fresh.
have a fine, fresh day today friends!