Adding LIFE to your years and years to your life!
My husband and I are on a modified juice fasting life time kind of program. For today and until we hit our more ideal weight we each can choose to eat 3 meals a week for me and 4 meals a week for him while juicing the rest of the time and in any amounts we want to.
However, yesterday, I did get the itch to eat something when it wasn't my meal. So I did nibble but what I picked was some papaya and a few dates and was done with that. I am ok with this decision because in my eyes it was still raw and for me, that is the direction I am actually taking this long term and if that is what is refer to as a cheat...I'm so happy about it! That's a first to feel like that.
Here are the pro's and con's of what I have experience so far eating like this since we started 12 days ago:
1. More bloated stomach
2. More gas
3. Lost the interest in drinking coffee but still have a cup a day but not 3 anymore.
4.. Have no craving for sweets or meats.
5. Still want to snack and my cravings are leaning to healthy fruits and veggies.
6. I have a ton of energy that takes me through the entire day and night.
7. I crash hard once I lay down and can sleep without insomnia.
8. Urinate more frequently.
9. I suffer from constipation and that is still an issue. I thought all this juicing would fix it but I may need more time.
Weight loss...I don't weigh myself and so I can't tell but my husband says he can see it on me. I am wearing a size 8/10 jeans today and hope to be back in my 6's within the next few months...
This is a lifestyle change that both my husband and I want...there is no goal or set point because that's how I seem to have failed all my past efforts in weight loss. I seem to get to the GOAL and then quit whatever I was doing. My intentions this time is to make this an everyday effort to juice, eat raw and add my meals in and more later so I can maintain a healthy slim weight... forever....