No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!
This was in reply to soaking vegi's in bleach to remove bacteria and parasites. :0) Here you will find the links.
I soak all my non-organic vegi's in a little bit of natural dishsoap and some lemon oil. :) Lemon oil is highly antimicrobial and antibacterial. I'm not sure about it's anti-parisitic properties...but if that were a concern I would add Ocotea oil, which is highly anti-parisitic.
Both of these oils can be ingested and are actually beneficial for the body, so if some remains on the food, it is A-okay. Young Living is the only company I know of making Ocotea oil which is from Equador. Okay for children up to elderly. I'm certainly not "all knowing" about these, but am happy to answer questions as I can or find answers for you. I've been studying using and recommending Essential Oils for about 5 years now. I support a group of about 300 people in the learning and application of safe and healthy alternatives for preventative health issues. That is one reason why I so appreciate Penni and what she does here. Rather than spend endless hours explaining the benefits of increasing ones raw food consumption, I can send people here. Penni, you have done an awesome job here and I so appreciate your dedication.
If it were me, I would try very hard to avoid using bleach as it is as toxic to ingest. That is why people look for alternatives for purifying their drinking water (which contains chlorine here in the states) and for their pools (most of which use chlorination as their method of disinfecting). Just through the skin even, we absorb chlorine even while we are washing dishes. If you had two glasses of chlorinated water, and you put your fingers in one of the glasses for about a minute, then you tested both glasses for chlorine...the chlorine would be all gone from the glass you had your fingers in. It would have already absorbed into your skin. Go to the pool supply shop and get some orthotolodine and you can do this test yourself. A small bottle is just a couple of dollars.
Same with the shower only the shower is even more toxic because chlorine turns into a vapor at a lower temperature than water. Ever felt dizzy in a hot shower? Chances are that was from the chlorine vapor you were breathing in as you took a shower. The choline molecule is part of the base chemical structure of mustard gas which was used in the gas chambers in WW II. I highly recommend Dr. Wayne Garland's shower filters, home filters and drinking water filters.
He is one of the most knowledgeable men on the planet IMO on Chinese herbs, minerals, and nutrients as well.
We have taken his Liquid Mineral for 18 years and recently he developed what I think is the best D3/K2 supplement bar none. I think he calls it Ultra D. :0) Other great stuff too, but those are are top picks.
(links disabled by Admin - see House Rules)