No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!
I know sometimes people find it annoying, but I am so addicted to gratitude lists. They make me feel so good, I can't help but want to make them all the time.
Here is one for today:
- it's been a peaceful day at home for us, and we needed it.
- i've been able to experiment with food because we didn't have to get anywhere
- made raw chocolate ice cream in the ice cream maker a friend recently gave me because she got another one, so grateful for the maker, and grateful for the internet where it's easy to find recipes
- appreciate all my helpful-to-raw-lifestyle appliances which have come free or cheaply - not all necessarily the rolls royces of appliances but functional and reliable: juice extractor, food processor, vitamix, dehydrator, coffee grinder, ice cream maker
- i made a pesto that tastes awesome, out of the dandelions i picked from the yard
- a good friend came over and is playing with my daughter while i write this blogpost
- the weather has been sunny and warm
- i have lots of good food in the house - pea shoots growing tall in a container, a basil plant on the windowsill, a bit of wheatgrass growing, some sunflower seeds sprouting, lots of bananas, avocados, tomatoes, chai tea, carrots, red pepper, arugula, turnips, raw cheese, mangos, pears, oranges, apples, garlic, some cucumber. i have some leftover kelp noodles, peanut butter, miso paste, nori, sesame seeds, cashews,....the list goes on...different things for my daughter - organic potatoes, corn chips, yogurt, free range eggs. wow just listing that made me feel really grateful.
- the tree in the front yard now has flowers and i get to see them through the window when i wake up
- my daughter is getting off sugar for the most part
- we are getting enough sleep
- i feel like i am coming more emotionally into balance than i have been for a while (um can you say 'winter')