Adding LIFE to your years and years to your life!
You know how there are a gazillion programs that you could follow and you check them out, only to put a few of each program into practice? Yeah, and then you're overwhelmed because you're not sure which to follow? That's me for sure.
Finally, I realized that I've got to figure out what works just for me and EMBRACE that. It's a little scary (wondering if I'll make the "right" choices - yes, I know that's silly), and a lot exciting (new adventures always are). Spending some time thinking through what I want to put into place for Barbara's program as well as what will keep me inspired.
One big factor is RFR. But as I can do with food, I tend to start nibbling/surfing the site and then it leads me down a path of no return. They say you can't eat just one potato chip and I can bear witness to that fact. It's also true that I can't allow myself to sit and go through the videos, blogs, photos, etc without a limit of some sort because I could honestly be here for hours and end up losing a chunk of my day. As a result, I've decided that I'll give myself a daily treat - upload a photo (optional), watch 1 video and read 2 blogs. It really is a treat to come here and listen to others who are on the same path. Giving encouragement also boosts me. A quote that I heard long ago: "A bit of fragrance clings to the hand that gives flowers." LOVE THAT!
I went to the local Office Depot and got a notebook (thinking about Penni's dream/vision book) and began to put EMBRACE on the front. I'm scrapbooking/decorating the cover so that it looks girly and beautiful. :) As soon as I'm done, I'll post a pic. In the meantime, let me share what EMBRACE means to me...
1. Live with and EYE ON INTENTION. Have a clear goal.
2. Practice MINDFULNESS. Know whay you make the choices you do. Don't eat, act, speak or live unconsciously.
3. Appreciate your own BEAUTY. Celebrate it!
4. Accept that this path is RARE. Be ok with being different, very different.
5. Set your own standard about your AGE. Don't listen to what the world says is inevitable.
6. Run after being CLOSE TO GOD AND YOURSELF. Be in step with God's spirit and know what works uniquely for you.
7. Honor EACH COMPONENT of your program. They accomplish more together and strengthen each other.
So there you have it. One day, it will be a huge program that millions follow. hahahaha :)
Midday - Curried pecan salad wrap (in collard leaves). Oh my, that was delish.
Snacks - Banana and later, banana brittle (made w/ bananas and almonds)
Evening - 2 Tbsp chia in 1/2 c. water. Once it became a gel, added blueberries and honey. Yowsers, that was gooooood and surprisingly satisfying. Next time, I'll get some coconut to sprinkle on top. mmmmm