Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

The paleolithic diet is a nutritional plan based on the presumed diet of Paleolithic humans. It is based on the premise that human genetics have scarcely changed since the dawn of agriculture, which marked the end of the Paleolithic era, around 15,000 years ago, and that modern humans are adapted to the Paleolithic diet.

The Paleolithic diet consists mainly of fish, grass-fed pasture raised meats, eggs, vegetables, fruit, fungi, roots, and nuts, and excludes grains, legumes, dairy products, potatoes, refined salt, refined sugar, and processed oils.

Please add your favorite recipes, with photos - if possible, to the comments below.

Views: 515

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sue!!!!!

Great to see you :)

XO,

Lanie

I'm very interested in learning how to make ghee!  Could someone please post?  Thanks

Hi Wendi,

Here's a link that shows the step-by-step directions for making ghee on the stove top:

http://www.everydaymaven.com/2013/how-to-make-ghee/

This is the way I do it.  It's very easy.  There's also a method for making it in the crock pot, but I haven't tried it that way yet.

I am so glad to know how to make ghee. How wonderful. Thank you for the post!!!
Lanie said:

Hi Wendi,

Here's a link that shows the step-by-step directions for making ghee on the stove top:

http://www.everydaymaven.com/2013/how-to-make-ghee/

This is the way I do it.  It's very easy.  There's also a method for making it in the crock pot, but I haven't tried it that way yet.

Getting to this thread late but how did your whole 30 plan work out for you?  Be honest and critical please, am considering trying this with hubby and he's a hard man to stay on the straight and narrow aka "diet plan"!!

Silmiriel said:

You're welcome, Mara... another book that I forgot to mention is "It Starts with Food," and is really excellent.  This is the book that details the "Whole 30" program of a 30-day reset of removing all grains, legumes and sugar from your diet.  I am basically following this plan right now.  Hope this helps!  :)  ~ Mary

Hi Chris,

I've done several Whole 30's and I can't say enough good things about it.  You will feel amazing.  Just taking the gluten out of my diet made all of the difference in the world.

Any hope on the weight loss aspect?  Both of us could stand to lose from 20-50 lbs..........

Lanie said:

Hi Chris,

I've done several Whole 30's and I can't say enough good things about it.  You will feel amazing.  Just taking the gluten out of my diet made all of the difference in the world.

They've changed Whole 30 some since I originally did it.  They allow white potatoes now.  I would avoid them if you're trying to lose weight.  I've always eaten yams when I was on a Whole 30 and still lost weight every time.  If you want some great Whole 30 recipes, check out the Nom Nom Paleo blog.  She has a whole category of Whole 30 compliant recipes.  Everything I've ever made of hers has turned out great and none of her recipes are terribly complicated.  I know a lot of Paleo gurus say that calories don't matter as long as you're eating "real food" but for me calories do matter.  I'm really small and I just can't eat a whole lot of calories or I gain weight.  If you aren't losing weight, check your calorie count.  Real food can be pretty calorie dense.  Once I got that sorted out, the weight fell off pretty effortlessly.

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service