Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

Has anyone every done any seaweed or herbal wraps?  I have not done one in a spa, but I was experimenting with doing some at home.  There are several recipes for the   ointment that you put on before the wrap, on google.  They make claims that you can loose inches and if I am not mistaken, I actually did loose 1/2 inch in my hips.  I am working on my upper arms and  upper thighs now.  I plan to do them about 2 times a week to see if they work.  

 

I listened to a doctor explain why you can loose inches within 45 minutes and he said it has to do with detoxing the body.    

 

So why not?  I am 57 with a few problems- some flabby upper arms, and upper thighs.  A little  bit here and a little bit there- if ya know what I mean.

 

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has done them at a spa or at home.  I know there is a new home based business here in Texas called    "Texas Wrap Girls"   of course it is expensive !   But I thought I could at least try it at home.  I have been using ace bandages, and just green clay.  I plan to make the recipe that involves quite a few more ingredients- epsom salts, among the other things.  You put that on before you put on the wrap- and yes they recommend you stay in the bathroom because it is messy and drippy.    A friend of mine recommended that  I use some saran wrap- you only leave it on for 45 minutes to an hour.  

Anyway like I said , I am just  doin my own thing and really know nothing about it, unless I read it on google.  So I would love if anyone has actually had a real one

 

I just did my upper arms and I swear that they are smaller! Next time I will measure

 

 

 

 

Views: 127

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, that sounds great!  I haven't done this, but I would love to hear more about it.  Would you share your recipe that you found?

For a Basic Detoxifying Body Wrap

  • 1 cup of salts (Mineral, Epsom or Sea)
  • 3 cups of water (Spring or purified)
  • 1/2 cup Aloe Vera
  • 3 tablespoons of oil (Shea, Olive, Sunflower or other oil) or 1/4-1/2 cup of glycerin.

To treat stress, muscle aches or to add a lovely smell you can also add:

  • Add 1-2 teaspoons of essential oil or aromatherapy oil
  • A chamomile or other herbal tea bag to the water while you are heating it.

Heat the water on the stove in a large pot on medium heat (with tea bag if desired), dissolve salt, add the other ingredients, stir to combine. Remove from heat and allow to cool (to temperature of very hot bath). Pour the very warm solution into a small ice chest or bucket. You want the solution to be very warm but not enough to cause burns so make sure it cools.

 

Here is the recipe that I found.  I have NOT YET TRIED IT>   But there are extensive directions but basically.  You soak the ace bandages- or whatever you have that is elastic and will soak up the mixture.  You start at the bottom of your legs ( if you want to wrap your leg) and work your way up the body-   Then they recommend that you sit and stay warm.  for 45 to an hour.     

 

There are several links if you google how to do a herbal wrap at home. 

Thanks, this is great and I'll be sure to try it soon.

Sounds good Deborah....love to see some pics : ) especially with the saran wrap!   Just kidding : )

Love Angela XXX

PS Thanks for the recipe...must print this out...need all the help I can get!

My niece wrapped my feet in seaweed at the beach and they shrunk three sizes!!! So I guess it works! Hahaha just kidding ya! IDK but it was funny eh?
A new slant on the ancient practice of Chinese foot binding Bette...but not so painful!
I don"t think so!!!LOL

angela usher said:

Sounds good Deborah....love to see some pics : ) especially with the saran wrap!   Just kidding : )

Love Angela XXX

PS Thanks for the recipe...must print this out...need all the help I can get!

Of course I believed it when I first read it.  I am so gullible!!!!



Bette Bliss said:

My niece wrapped my feet in seaweed at the beach and they shrunk three sizes!!! So I guess it works! Hahaha just kidding ya! IDK but it was funny eh?
The reason that I was stupid enough to try it LOL is that I have been lifting weights  and doing the poi dancing etc. and it does not seem like my arms are getting any more toned.  So what the heck- Can't hurt right?

Hi Deborah,

I've had two different wraps, one I LOVED and one was horrible.  My girl friend was going to a place in Denver every few months and loved it.   She lost lots of inches with the wraps and felt like they were firming her skin after she had lost some weight.  I tried to find a place here in Texas that did wraps and ended up going to a massage therapist who did them.  This was not a good experience for me.  She covered her massage table in plastic.  She took a paint brush and slathered on her pre-packaged herbal "mix" which as best as I could tell contained mostly some type of menthol.  She did my whole body except for my face and privates.  She then had me lay on the plastic covered table (some type of shrink wrap) and she wrapped my body "mummy" style for lack of a better description.  (My legs together and my arms next to my sides...plastic only around my whole body, not around individual limbs.  When she first put the herbal mix on it felt like it was burning me but after just a few moments it start bringing my body temp way down and I started to shake lightly at first, but then uncontrollably.  I had her end the session 30 minutes early as I was so miserable.  By this time the herbal "gel" had seeped into every imaginable place that it should not have been and I felt like I was freezing to death.  After any type of wrap you're not supposed to take hot or long showers (or soak in tubs) for 24 hours afterwards.  This gal had a shower in her studio so after she unwrapped my "mummy" saran wrap stuff, I made a beeline for the shower and still couldn't get warmed up.  It took me several hours to get warmed up even though it was the middle of summer here in West Texas.

 

My next experience was in Denver when I visited my girl friend several months later.  She took me to her lady who only did wraps.   I almost wouldn't do it since my first experience was so bad.  But I trust my BFF's judgement so we did it together.  This gal really knew her stuff, it didn't even take her 2 minutes to wrap my whole body!  She used a seaweed based herbal liquid (no menthol) with the huge "Ace" style bandages soaked in the liquid.  She started at the ankle and wrapped one leg, then with a new bandage wrapped the other leg, then did the rear-end and hips, stomach, (breast area is optional).  She then wrapped arms, shoulders and can do neck and chin but I opted not to do that part.  The herbal liquid was quite warm but in a comforting way.  Then you got into a plastic "exercise" two piece suit and sat in a sauna for 45-60 minutes depending on how you felt.  She brought ice water to drink and checked on you every few minutes.  My session was great since I was with my best friend and we got to visit and giggle.  I was really pleased with the results.  Each of my arms lost 1/2" and I lost about 2" in my stomach and in my hips, also about 1" in each leg.  I think the session cost $50 or $60 (my girlfriend treated me and she picked up the tip also so I don't remember exactly what it cost).  It was a super experience!

 

Both places were very tight lipped about what was in their mixes.  I'm a Master Herbalist and a Licensed Massage Therapist so I'm always up for new spa and/or herbal treatments.   I have the jumbo elastic bandages and even a plastic suit but so far I've never done a treatment on myself.

 

This was a great topic to start and I'll look forward to seeing other people's responses.

I am so glad that you told your story.  I have never met  anyone who has had one done.  But I saw an ad on my facebook for Texas Wrap Girls which is a new home based business  - of course you know all the home based businesses in texas !!!- but I got interested  and read up on it and really I see no reason why not to try it at home.    I love your story from Colorado= that sounds amazing!

TexasBelle said:

Hi Deborah,

I've had two different wraps, one I LOVED and one was horrible.  My girl friend was going to a place in Denver every few months and loved it.   She lost lots of inches with the wraps and felt like they were firming her skin after she had lost some weight.  I tried to find a place here in Texas that did wraps and ended up going to a massage therapist who did them.  This was not a good experience for me.  She covered her massage table in plastic.  She took a paint brush and slathered on her pre-packaged herbal "mix" which as best as I could tell contained mostly some type of menthol.  She did my whole body except for my face and privates.  She then had me lay on the plastic covered table (some type of shrink wrap) and she wrapped my body "mummy" style for lack of a better description.  (My legs together and my arms next to my sides...plastic only around my whole body, not around individual limbs.  When she first put the herbal mix on it felt like it was burning me but after just a few moments it start bringing my body temp way down and I started to shake lightly at first, but then uncontrollably.  I had her end the session 30 minutes early as I was so miserable.  By this time the herbal "gel" had seeped into every imaginable place that it should not have been and I felt like I was freezing to death.  After any type of wrap you're not supposed to take hot or long showers (or soak in tubs) for 24 hours afterwards.  This gal had a shower in her studio so after she unwrapped my "mummy" saran wrap stuff, I made a beeline for the shower and still couldn't get warmed up.  It took me several hours to get warmed up even though it was the middle of summer here in West Texas.

 

My next experience was in Denver when I visited my girl friend several months later.  She took me to her lady who only did wraps.   I almost wouldn't do it since my first experience was so bad.  But I trust my BFF's judgement so we did it together.  This gal really knew her stuff, it didn't even take her 2 minutes to wrap my whole body!  She used a seaweed based herbal liquid (no menthol) with the huge "Ace" style bandages soaked in the liquid.  She started at the ankle and wrapped one leg, then with a new bandage wrapped the other leg, then did the rear-end and hips, stomach, (breast area is optional).  She then wrapped arms, shoulders and can do neck and chin but I opted not to do that part.  The herbal liquid was quite warm but in a comforting way.  Then you got into a plastic "exercise" two piece suit and sat in a sauna for 45-60 minutes depending on how you felt.  She brought ice water to drink and checked on you every few minutes.  My session was great since I was with my best friend and we got to visit and giggle.  I was really pleased with the results.  Each of my arms lost 1/2" and I lost about 2" in my stomach and in my hips, also about 1" in each leg.  I think the session cost $50 or $60 (my girlfriend treated me and she picked up the tip also so I don't remember exactly what it cost).  It was a super experience!

 

Both places were very tight lipped about what was in their mixes.  I'm a Master Herbalist and a Licensed Massage Therapist so I'm always up for new spa and/or herbal treatments.   I have the jumbo elastic bandages and even a plastic suit but so far I've never done a treatment on myself.

 

This was a great topic to start and I'll look forward to seeing other people's responses.

I was wondering if you are still doing these and how they are working for you? I have always wanted to get one done, but havent... I only recently say people trying these out at home, and it got me to wondering....

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service