Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

• Dry skin brushing helps to shed dead skin cells, which can help improve skin texture and cell renewal.

• Dry skin brushing increases circulation, encouraging your body’s discharge of metabolic wastes, which greatly aids the lymphatic drainage of the entire body.

• Dry skin brushing helps to tighten the skin because it increases the flow of blood. Increasing the circulation to the skin can also help lessen the appearance of cellulite.

• Dry skin brushing stimulates the lymph canals to drain toxic mucoid matter into the colon, thereby purifying the entire system. This enables the lymph to perform its house-cleaning duties by keeping the blood and other vital tissues detoxified. After several days of dry brushing, you may notice the mucous material in your stools.

• Dry skin brushing helps with muscle tone and more even distribution of fat deposits.

• Dry skin brushing rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin.

• Dry skin brushing helps your skin to absorb nutrients by eliminating clogged pores.

Healthy, breathing skin contributes to overall body health. Individuals who sit at a computer screen all day long will particularly take pleasure in the benefits of skin brushing. People who have inactive lifestyles or jobs usually experience stiff and sore necks and shoulders that reach even into their arms and down their spines and into their lower backs. Increased blood flow begins entering the areas brushed and you will experience an increase in electromagnetic energy that permits you to feel energized and invigorated.

Taken from the Raw Food Cleanse

Views: 1342

Replies to This Discussion

Oooh! I like it! Have you been brushing your face long? I have been brushing but not the face. I am looking for a nice face brush. I have a lot of peach fuzz on my face that seems more noticable lately. I wonder if face brushing will cause any change at all. Do you brush your face each day?

Your circular back brush looks like it works well. Thanks for sharing.

Lemonade said:

I now have a new addition to my dry skin brush collection. I finally found a nice little soft one for my face.

Hi Annette. I have only just started brushing my face since I found the little soft brush this week so I will have to let you know if it makes a difference. Last night after brushing my face I treated myself to a clay face mask. Going to have a nice big bath tonight with Epson Salts. I have been getting motivation to pamper myself from Penni and Dara in the Vault :)

PS: I love the big circular one. Nice hard bristles for the back.

Annette said:

Oooh! I like it! Have you been brushing your face long? I have been brushing but not the face. I am looking for a nice face brush. I have a lot of peach fuzz on my face that seems more noticable lately. I wonder if face brushing will cause any change at all. Do you brush your face each day?

Your circular back brush looks like it works well. Thanks for sharing.

Lemonade said:

I now have a new addition to my dry skin brush collection. I finally found a nice little soft one for my face.

I have just started dry skin brushing 2 weeks ago. The other day I opened a new toothbush and wondered if it would be ok to brush my face with it instead of my teeth. I tried it just gently but not around my eye area it would be too rough.

What are your thoughts on using a toothbrush for the face ( a medium bristle ) clean of course. If so how would you do it?

Round and round or up?

I always feel so good after I brush.  There is no excuse not to but I forget and really need to get back to it.  I am thinking of taking a brush on my two week vacation!

*newbie here* My hubby and I are just getting into raw food land and reading Penni's book (it's GREAT, btw). My husband is a natural skeptic and kind of thinks dry brushing sounds too simple to be true. Has anyone seen studies done on this that I could share with him? Most things he's willing to try and see, but being a kinda... well... hairy guy, he's not too keen on just trying skin brushing out.

wow thanks you guys ,, never heard of it before .Icant wait to get started!

I started skin brushing again at the start of the year and I keep asking myself "Why in the world did I stop this" It makes my skin feel sooooo great!

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service