Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

It was Victoria Boutenko who put Green Smoothies on the map in her terrific book, Green For Life (I HIGHLY recommend reading it). Drinking a big luscious smoothie can be the perfect meal replacement or snack during this 11 Week Total Health & Weight Loss Initiative. They are super easy and delicious. Your Rehab Director gives them 2 Green Thumbs UP!

Views: 8594

Replies to This Discussion

Luvin my Smoothies!  One i had this morning. 

2 large handfuls kale

2 bananas

1/2 pint strawberries

2 cups homemade almond mylk

Blend in Vitamix

Yummie!

Buckweat-Banana-Choco Shake

- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1/4 cup of soaked buckweat
- 1 banana

- 1 tbs cacao powder

- pinch of cinnamon

Make sure the buckweat is soaked for at least 12 hours and rinse it very well before blending it.

Blend all the ingredients together.

Passion for Melons

- 1 passion fruit

- 2 oranges

- 2 pieces of sweet cantaloup melon

- 1 piece of water melon

- a piece of ginger (about an inch)

Put the oranges and the ginger through a juicer.

Put the juice with the melons and the inside of the passion fruit in the blender and blend it well.

I am what I call a refrigerator cook. I look inside and see what I can throw together fast. Here's a smoothie that came out of one of those refrigerator adventures. It was quite tasty and hydrating.

Annette

Cucumber Citrus Smoothy (makes 2 smoothies)

1 cup organic cantaloupe

1- med banana (one frozen, one not)

1- small organic orange (entire orange, peel and all)

1- juice from small organic orange

1/2 large organic cucumber (with peel)

1 inch fresh ginger (with peel)

1 cup water

Rough chop (I usually only chop stuff in half so my puny blender doesn't have to work so hard).

Place all in the blender and blend until a smoothness you like. 

Here's a breakfast smoothie I made up as I went along today, using what I had in my fridge.  I am naming this my own personal version of:

MORNING SUNSHINE

1/2 cantaloupe

1 peeled Kiwi

2 juiced Oranges

1 cup (maybe more) filtered Water

dropperful of liquid Stevia

1/3 cup? Coconut Oil

1/4 cup? raw Honey

(not sure on the last 2 measurements - I just poured straight into the blender)

Blend together.  (I blended the cantaloupe in stages so it wouldnt clog up my little blender)

I started out with just cantaloupe, kiwi, coconut oil and water but it just didn't have enough sweetness for me.  Then I added the oranges.  Still not sweet enough, so added the Stevia and Honey.

The end result was a full 4 cups - filled up a quart jar to the brim (I already drank a little before taking this picture.)

This is absolute DELICIOUS!  The faint taste of coconut is heaven to me!

ENJOY!!

P.S. - these are my new purchase of a case of quart Mason Jars found on sale at Big Lots.  I am loving them!  Now I can stop using my glass canisters that you've seen in my other pictures.

I like the idea of keeping things simple. Because it makes life easier, I can't really afford to buy alot of ingredients and I am essentailly a bit lazy and disorganized. So with that in mind I looked around my kitchen to see what I had and bingo I made this smoothie and it was amazing :))) enjoy :)))

BANANA KIWI SPLENDOUR

3 Bananas (the bigger the better ...makes it creamier)

3 Kiwi Fruit (peeled)

500 ml Filtered Water

If you fancy something even thicker and creamier then kick it up to 4 bananas and 4 kiwi :)))

I also add 2 tbsp of flaxseed but that's optional and really doesn't have any effect on the taste if you use it or not. I add it to all my smoothies for extra protein and nutrition :)))

Once it's blended it makes up 1 litre of smoothie..perfect for breakfast :))))

love~peace~joy xjillyx

I made this new smoothie this morning when I found out I was out of my usual staple of frozen berries AND greens.  It turned out BETTER than I expected:

Spicy Apple Pie Smoothie

1 banana

3 apples (I used 2 granny smith and 1 Fuji)

1 cup almond milk

1 cup water

1 1/2 T chia seed

Ginger juice (I juiced 2 inches of ginger root - use as much or as little as you want)

2 tsp cinnamon

Start by soaking chia seed in the almond milk and water (about 15 minutes).

Add all ingredients to blender, blend well and enjoy!

I also ALMOST ALWAYS add the following to my smoothies:

2 T raw cacao powder

2 t spirulina

1 t maca powder

1 T dried almond pulp (I've gotta get rid of it somehow!)

1 t bee pollen

TIP:  When I add dried supplements or spices to my smoothies, I start by blending a few of the solid ingredients first (like the banana and 1 apple in this recipe), along with a bit of the liquid.  Then while it is blending, I pour in the dry ingredients.  I find that if I pour in the dry ingredients while the blender is stopped, they always end up flying up when I start the blender and I end up with a fair amount of unmixed dry ingredients stuck to the sides of the blender.

This green beauty a KILLER sweet tooth last night:

2 frozen bananas

frozen pineapple (about 4 slices)

2 kiwi

5-6 kale leaves

a splash of almond milk to get things going

YUM! (Bonus: My boys LOVED it!)

Green Pineapple

1/4 fresh pineapple

2 handfuls of wheat grass (the whole grass and not just the juice)

1 bunch of parsley or a big handful of carrot greens

1 small chunk of fresh ginger

3 or 4 small dates

1/2 banana

water to blend

I have also dehydrated this to make a smoothie leather - I did like it better as the smoothie

This one really helps you tap into the inner Green Goddess! Made with spinach, mango, banana, spirulina, matcha, hemp, turmeric - blended with good ole' H2O.

I am sorry that I didn't measure anything - I just eyeballed it and it turned out delicious!

I drink this in the winter when these are the only fruits in season. Very yummy

Marsha said:

Citrus Creamsicle Milkshake/Smoothie

Serves: 1-2

Ingredients

" 2 grapefruits
" 1 orange
" ½ frozen banana
" 1 tsp-1 TB. raw honey  
" ¼ c. coconut cream(milk), or greek yogurt
" ice

Instructions

1. Juice the citrus. Reserve ½ c. of the juice for the drink, and save the rest for drinking, smoothies, etc.
2. Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy.

This is a delicious hot weather refresher.  I did not juice or add ice.  It put all in my Vitamix and blended it up with 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (since it makes enough for 2 people).

Because I added 2 scoops of protein powder, I also had to add just a tiny bit more coconut milk. Be cautious not to use too much, as it will detract from the purposed taste.

I also used clear Sweet Leaf stevia rather than honey.

The first time I made this I had a tangerine, it was almost more flavorful than the orange.

Adapted from The Diva Dish

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

Blog Posts

I'm back, and desperate for healing...

Posted by Silmiriel on February 16, 2017 at 12:53pm 5 Comments

So, back after 3 years :)

Posted by Winterdrop on January 22, 2017 at 9:23am 1 Comment

Water fast

Posted by nancy Mahardy on May 24, 2016 at 10:06pm 0 Comments

Back on a juice feast day 5