Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

It was Victoria Boutenko who put Green Smoothies on the map in her terrific book, Green For Life (I HIGHLY recommend reading it). Drinking a big luscious smoothie can be the perfect meal replacement or snack during this 11 Week Total Health & Weight Loss Initiative. They are super easy and delicious. Your Rehab Director gives them 2 Green Thumbs UP!

Views: 8425

Replies to This Discussion

Luvin my Smoothies!  One i had this morning. 

2 large handfuls kale

2 bananas

1/2 pint strawberries

2 cups homemade almond mylk

Blend in Vitamix

Yummie!

Buckweat-Banana-Choco Shake

- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1/4 cup of soaked buckweat
- 1 banana

- 1 tbs cacao powder

- pinch of cinnamon

Make sure the buckweat is soaked for at least 12 hours and rinse it very well before blending it.

Blend all the ingredients together.

Passion for Melons

- 1 passion fruit

- 2 oranges

- 2 pieces of sweet cantaloup melon

- 1 piece of water melon

- a piece of ginger (about an inch)

Put the oranges and the ginger through a juicer.

Put the juice with the melons and the inside of the passion fruit in the blender and blend it well.

I am what I call a refrigerator cook. I look inside and see what I can throw together fast. Here's a smoothie that came out of one of those refrigerator adventures. It was quite tasty and hydrating.

Annette

Cucumber Citrus Smoothy (makes 2 smoothies)

1 cup organic cantaloupe

1- med banana (one frozen, one not)

1- small organic orange (entire orange, peel and all)

1- juice from small organic orange

1/2 large organic cucumber (with peel)

1 inch fresh ginger (with peel)

1 cup water

Rough chop (I usually only chop stuff in half so my puny blender doesn't have to work so hard).

Place all in the blender and blend until a smoothness you like. 

Here's a breakfast smoothie I made up as I went along today, using what I had in my fridge.  I am naming this my own personal version of:

MORNING SUNSHINE

1/2 cantaloupe

1 peeled Kiwi

2 juiced Oranges

1 cup (maybe more) filtered Water

dropperful of liquid Stevia

1/3 cup? Coconut Oil

1/4 cup? raw Honey

(not sure on the last 2 measurements - I just poured straight into the blender)

Blend together.  (I blended the cantaloupe in stages so it wouldnt clog up my little blender)

I started out with just cantaloupe, kiwi, coconut oil and water but it just didn't have enough sweetness for me.  Then I added the oranges.  Still not sweet enough, so added the Stevia and Honey.

The end result was a full 4 cups - filled up a quart jar to the brim (I already drank a little before taking this picture.)

This is absolute DELICIOUS!  The faint taste of coconut is heaven to me!

ENJOY!!

P.S. - these are my new purchase of a case of quart Mason Jars found on sale at Big Lots.  I am loving them!  Now I can stop using my glass canisters that you've seen in my other pictures.

I like the idea of keeping things simple. Because it makes life easier, I can't really afford to buy alot of ingredients and I am essentailly a bit lazy and disorganized. So with that in mind I looked around my kitchen to see what I had and bingo I made this smoothie and it was amazing :))) enjoy :)))

BANANA KIWI SPLENDOUR

3 Bananas (the bigger the better ...makes it creamier)

3 Kiwi Fruit (peeled)

500 ml Filtered Water

If you fancy something even thicker and creamier then kick it up to 4 bananas and 4 kiwi :)))

I also add 2 tbsp of flaxseed but that's optional and really doesn't have any effect on the taste if you use it or not. I add it to all my smoothies for extra protein and nutrition :)))

Once it's blended it makes up 1 litre of smoothie..perfect for breakfast :))))

love~peace~joy xjillyx

I made this new smoothie this morning when I found out I was out of my usual staple of frozen berries AND greens.  It turned out BETTER than I expected:

Spicy Apple Pie Smoothie

1 banana

3 apples (I used 2 granny smith and 1 Fuji)

1 cup almond milk

1 cup water

1 1/2 T chia seed

Ginger juice (I juiced 2 inches of ginger root - use as much or as little as you want)

2 tsp cinnamon

Start by soaking chia seed in the almond milk and water (about 15 minutes).

Add all ingredients to blender, blend well and enjoy!

I also ALMOST ALWAYS add the following to my smoothies:

2 T raw cacao powder

2 t spirulina

1 t maca powder

1 T dried almond pulp (I've gotta get rid of it somehow!)

1 t bee pollen

TIP:  When I add dried supplements or spices to my smoothies, I start by blending a few of the solid ingredients first (like the banana and 1 apple in this recipe), along with a bit of the liquid.  Then while it is blending, I pour in the dry ingredients.  I find that if I pour in the dry ingredients while the blender is stopped, they always end up flying up when I start the blender and I end up with a fair amount of unmixed dry ingredients stuck to the sides of the blender.

This green beauty a KILLER sweet tooth last night:

2 frozen bananas

frozen pineapple (about 4 slices)

2 kiwi

5-6 kale leaves

a splash of almond milk to get things going

YUM! (Bonus: My boys LOVED it!)

Green Pineapple

1/4 fresh pineapple

2 handfuls of wheat grass (the whole grass and not just the juice)

1 bunch of parsley or a big handful of carrot greens

1 small chunk of fresh ginger

3 or 4 small dates

1/2 banana

water to blend

I have also dehydrated this to make a smoothie leather - I did like it better as the smoothie

This one really helps you tap into the inner Green Goddess! Made with spinach, mango, banana, spirulina, matcha, hemp, turmeric - blended with good ole' H2O.

I am sorry that I didn't measure anything - I just eyeballed it and it turned out delicious!

I drink this in the winter when these are the only fruits in season. Very yummy

Marsha said:

Citrus Creamsicle Milkshake/Smoothie

Serves: 1-2

Ingredients

" 2 grapefruits
" 1 orange
" ½ frozen banana
" 1 tsp-1 TB. raw honey  
" ¼ c. coconut cream(milk), or greek yogurt
" ice

Instructions

1. Juice the citrus. Reserve ½ c. of the juice for the drink, and save the rest for drinking, smoothies, etc.
2. Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy.

This is a delicious hot weather refresher.  I did not juice or add ice.  It put all in my Vitamix and blended it up with 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (since it makes enough for 2 people).

Because I added 2 scoops of protein powder, I also had to add just a tiny bit more coconut milk. Be cautious not to use too much, as it will detract from the purposed taste.

I also used clear Sweet Leaf stevia rather than honey.

The first time I made this I had a tangerine, it was almost more flavorful than the orange.

Adapted from The Diva Dish

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service