Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

I'm on day 9 of a juice fast but I still have lung congestion following a cold a couple of weeks ago.  What is the best to juice?  I do ginger, carrots, celery, cucumber kale, and parsley regularly.  What am I missing?  Thank you.

Views: 126

Replies to This Discussion

Cas,

I know what you mean, I have asthma and so any minor cold has the potential to become an issue for me. A good juice I make has antibiotic and antibacterial power, here's the basic recipe that you can adjust to your liking (and tolerance)!

3 celery stalks

1/2 red onion

1 clove garlic

1 stalk broccoli

1 whole apple

Try it and I hope it can help you!  ;o)

Thank you, Shelle.  I tried it and added carrot to it for the vitamin A and it was tasty and didn't taste as bad as I thought it would.  Of course my husband appreciated our king size bed!

Shelle Michaelson said:

Cas,

I know what you mean, I have asthma and so any minor cold has the potential to become an issue for me. A good juice I make has antibiotic and antibacterial power, here's the basic recipe that you can adjust to your liking (and tolerance)!

3 celery stalks

1/2 red onion

1 clove garlic

1 stalk broccoli

1 whole apple

Try it and I hope it can help you!  ;o)

Thank you, Ida.  I'll check into it.

Ida Ratherberaw said:

I read something here in the wellness center. Under Asthma, lung congestion....it's about lobelia. I got it as an herbal tincture, which means I add it to hot tea. I suppose you could put the drops under you tongue, but it is an alcohol extract. Take a look at that.

Dandelion greens can be helpful, as well as adding a little hot pepper of choice like a pinch of cayenne pepper, or not for the faint-of-heart, a tiny piece habanero pepper, juiced with veggies and fruits....ginger and tumeric can be good for reducing inflammation.

Also, elderberry tea can be helpful

Warm lemon water might be nice. Try adding a pinch of cayenne.

I hear that mullein is good for lungs but it's usually dried and smoked. You may be able to juice it. It's a wild growing herb/plant. Everything is covered in snow where I am so I won't be able to find mullein until the spring. You can get tinctures though. Here's some info below:

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/herbs/mullein-herb.html

Hope that helps, Adam

Attachments:

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service