Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

Oh yes! It's that time of year, again. The time that many of us are formulating a game plan for clearing out holiday excess (and more). I generally do a fast or detox a couple of times each year, but now is when I really start feeling the hard core press to make it happen for reals. I don't advocate practices like the Master Cleanse, although I have done it myself a time or two. Through trial and error, I've come to believe that you can effectively detox while you continue to eat and drink....as long as you are cutting out the foods and other substances that interfere with the detoxification process.

This section of recipes is designated to the cleansing process. Here you will find shakes/smoothies, juices and higher water content raw food recipes that will help in decreasing the amount of work your digestive system has to do, therefore aiding your body in a thorough elimination of accumulated toxins.

Views: 7591

Replies to This Discussion

Alkalising Cucumber Guacamole Rolls 

(from Tanya Alekseeva,  Better Raw)

I just submitted a blog post here on RFR with Four Easy Steps to your Acid Alkaline Breakthrough and thought you would like one of my favourite cleansing and alkalising recipes, which is super fast to make...

For the essentials

Toothpicks

Mandolin

Food processor

For the rolls

1 large cucumber

1 cup almonds, soaked overnight

1 avocado, meat only

juice of 1 lemon

bunch of parsley

pinch Himalayan salt

Slice the cucumber into thin long strips with a mandolin, by laying it on its side

Transfer all the ingredients, apart from cucumber, into a food processor and process until combined to a desired consistency [Note for me this was slightly chunky almonds and smooth avocado; you may prefer the entire mixture to be more of a paste, so process for longer]

Lay cucumber strips down, one at a time, spoon the guacamole mixture onto the strip about an inch from an edge, making sure it doesn't fall out of the sides, lift off the short edge, bending it over the guacamole mixture and start rolling

Use a toothpick as a pin to hold each roll together

Serve chilled or right away- either way it's so yummy!

Enjoy,

xTanya Alekseeva

Great! As I don`t get easily beets here in Spain, I just do carrot-apple-ginger juice. It`s very good as well.

Penni said:

BEET, CARROT, APPLE and GINGER JUICE

This juice is the most incredible color and is wonderfully sweet. Beets are said to lower blood pressure, carrots pack a super beta-carotene punch, apples are cancer-fighters and ginger just loves your heart.

1 large or 2 medium beets, cut into wedges
1/2 lemon, zest and pith removed
2 large carrots
1 large apple, cut into wedges
1" piece of ginger

Push all ingredients into a juicer and then pour into a glass....Enjoy!

Tanya Alekseeva said:

Alkalising Cucumber Guacamole Rolls 

(from Tanya Alekseeva,  Better Raw)

I just submitted a blog post here on RFR with Four Easy Steps to your Acid Alkaline Breakthrough and thought you would like one of my favourite cleansing and alkalising recipes, which is super fast to make...

For the essentials

Toothpicks

Mandolin

Food processor

For the rolls

1 large cucumber

1 cup almonds, soaked overnight

1 avocado, meat only

juice of 1 lemon

bunch of parsley

pinch

Slice the cucumber into thin long strips with a mandolin, by laying it on its side

Transfer all the ingredients, apart from cucumber, into a food processor and process until combined to a desired consistency [Note for me this was slightly chunky almonds and smooth avocado; you may prefer the entire mixture to be more of a paste, so process for longer]

Lay cucumber strips down, one at a time, spoon the guacamole mixture onto the strip about an inch from an edge, making sure it doesn't fall out of the sides, lift off the short edge, bending it over the guacamole mixture and start rolling

Use a toothpick as a pin to hold each roll together

Serve chilled or right away- either way it's so yummy!

Enjoy,

xTanya Alekseeva

Wow! Those look so pretty :)

Beate Schneider said:

Great! As I don`t get easily beets here in Spain, I just do carrot-apple-ginger juice. It`s very good as well.

Penni said:

BEET, CARROT, APPLE and GINGER JUICE

This juice is the most incredible color and is wonderfully sweet. Beets are said to , carrots pack a super beta-carotene punch, apples are cancer-fighters and ginger just loves your heart.

1 large or 2 medium beets, cut into wedges
1/2 lemon, zest and pith removed
2 large carrots
1 large apple, cut into wedges
1" piece of ginger

Push all ingredients into a juicer and then pour into a glass....Enjoy!

Is there anything I an use instead of miso?  I have everything except white miso....

Penni said:

SALAD WITH CARROT AND GINGER DRESSING
from Gwyneth Paltrow's site Goop.

This dressing is the best! Great on salad and also as a dip for vegetables. This recipe makes enough dressing for two salads, so be sure to save the extra.

For dressing:

1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
1 large shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger
1 tablespoon sweet white miso
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
2 tablespoons water

For salad:
1 head of baby gem lettuce (or any greens), roughly cut
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 avocado, diced

Pulse the carrot, shallot and ginger in a blender until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides, add the miso, vinegar and sesame seed oil and whiz together. While the blender is going, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and the water. Combine the lettuce, onion and avocado in a bowl, drizzle with plenty of dressing and serve.

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service