Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

Raw dips and nut patés are some of the easiest and most delicious things to help transition people into a higher raw diet. Please add you favorite recipes in the section below:

Views: 5177

Replies to This Discussion

Nut Patés and Sushi Making by Stephany S of http://girlsinthefresh.blogspot.com/

In the cooler months, and in Michigan there are many, I like to prepare richer foods like patés, banana-nut puddings, and lots of dehydrated items now that I finally have a dehydrator! I absolutely love sushi so I've been experimenting with a few sushi friendly paté recipes, here are two of my favorites so far:

No Tuna Sushi meat paté
1 C almonds
1 C sunflower seeds
3/4 C sesame seeds
1/2 C celery, finely chopped
1/2 C red onion, finely chopped
1/2 C fresh parsely, chopped
2 T lemon juice
1 t Himalayan sea salt
2 t kelp or dulse flakes
* Mix all ingredients in your high speed blender, you can use 2 C almonds or sunflower seeds if you don't have both.

Veggie Paté
1 C sunflower seeds
6 carrots
1 beet
1 C spinach
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 T lemon juice
1 t Himalayan sea salt
1 t dill
* blend all ingredients together and viola!

I like to soak all my nuts and seeds.

Next I take my sushi papers, I use the Eden brand but they are toasted, you can find raw sushi papers at most health food stores or Co-ops. Spread your paté across the bottom 1/3 of your paper, making sure to go all the way to the sides. I also run my finger along the bottom edge to remove a little paté so that when I roll it doesn't squeeze out!

Add your veggies (thinly sliced carrot, onion, and red pepper work well), avocado and sprouts if you have them. Next, roll that bad boy up, I turn the sheet upside down, fold *almost* in half, leaving a little exposed sushi paté at the top, form a seam around the paté and veggie area and roll up from there.

Finally, cut into rolls using a sharp knife and serve with Braags/Nama Shoyu and sesame oil and ENJOY!
Broccoli Pate Recipe by birdy27

This really rocks! i don't really measure, but the ingredients are:

1 stalk broccoli, cut florets & part of stalk finely
EVOO
5 or so sundried tomato halves, soaked
just a little water
sunflower seeds, don't think i used more than 1/4 c.
sea salt & pepper

i put all into the vitamix and blended on low. it was good, but i messed around and added a little lemon juice. still good. added some garlic powder. still good. tried a little basil, but i really wanted rosemary. still good. could be used with some flax crackers, but it was great by itself.

going to try a mexican version, i think.

“ROASTED” Red Bell Pepper Hummus

For the “roasted peppers & garlic:”
4 red bell peppers
4 – 6 cloves garlic
2 tsp. olive oil
¼ tsp. sea salt

For the hummus:
2 zucchini or yellow crook neck squash, peeled & chopped
¾ cup raw sesame tahini
½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
2 ½ tsp. sea salt
1 tsp ground cumin

First – cut, de-vein & de-seed the peppers. Smash & peel the garlic cloves. Toss both in olive oil and salt to thoroughly coat. Lay pieces on a Teflex sheet and tray, dehydrating at 115 F for 12- 24 hours. The longer you leave in the stronger and richer the flavors become. Set aside.

In a high speed blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients for the hummus and blend until thick and still slightly chunky. Add in the roasted mixture and blend again until well combined & smooth.

This savory dip is best served with slices of cucumber, zucchini, celery stalks, carrot sticks or sliced bell peppers. It is also delicious with raw onion bread or flax crackers of your choice.

I absolutely love this paté! I will eat it on anything, quite often just a spoon! This recipe was copied from The Complete Idiots Guide to Eating Raw Food by Reinfeld, Rinaldi & Murray...a great book for simple great tasting raw. I don't have a picture now ...perhaps the next time I make it, I'll post!

Marinated Collard Leaf Wraps (to be used with nut pates)
Added by Rita Runnels & copied from Pure Joy Planet Cookbook by Elaina Love

5 medium to large collard leaves
3 Tbs. lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt crystals or Celtic sea salt

Prepare the collard leaves by cutting off the stems at the base of the leaf, then take a small paring knife and carefully cut the thick bump of stem off the back of the leaf making it flusher to the leaf. This is to make the leaf flatter and easier to roll.

Mix the lemon and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Take one leaf at a time and coat it in the mixture. As you coat each leaf, place it in a covered lasagna pan to marinade overnight in the refrigerator or for several hours at room temperature until they are soft and tender. They can continue to marinade for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.

Dry the leaves well and use them to wrap all kinds of yummy patés, raw mayo with avocado and tomato, etc….. Use your imagination!

I absolutely love wraps! I will put anything in them! This recipe was copied from Pure Joy Planet Cookbook by Elaina Love...I was so excited to find this very simple but delish wrap. You can check out her other recipes on her website: http://www.purejoyplanet.com/recipes.php
I need lots of variety or I get bored really quick with my food....I find that I don't need much but I can't get in the same ole` 'food rut'! I love presentation and this simple wrap is really good for a lot of variety...great party tray food as well! I made up lots of cultured veggies tonight and can't wait to wrap them up....yum!!!

P.S. All of the stems I cut off of the collards to make the wraps ~ I put in my fermentations tonight!!! I heard this on David Wolfe & Kevin Gianni's
conf. call last night and think it's so apropos for my 'new raw lifestyle' thinking: "you have to upgrade your OS(operating system)".
Hi
Yes. Here is my favorite Raw Ranch Dip/Dressing recipe:

1/2 cup Hemp Seeds
1 tsp Nama Shoyu
1-2 tsp Italian Seasoning
drop of Agave Nectar
4-5 tbsp Olive Oil
2-3 tbsp Water
4-5 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend together.

Enjoy!

Annette said:
I am looking for a raw ranch dip or dressing. Does anybody have one they like?
Bliss Dip

( transformed recipe of "Bliss Sauce" by Solla Eiriksdottir) This dip has a very indian food taste, I think it reminds me of a butter curry dish. It takes about 10 mins or less to prepare if you got the ingredients.

1/3 cup of cashew butter
1/3 cup of Coconut butter ( i grounded up dry unsweetened coconut flakes)
1 cup ground sunflower seed
1/4 cup of sundried tomatoe (soaked - mine were for a day, don't think that matters too much)
1/2 cup pure water
1/3 cut of the soak water from the sundried tomatoes
2-4 Soaked pitted dates
2 olives ( I used a tsp of olive oil)
almost a tsp of sea salt ( I find any more will get super salty, to each their own)
1 Tblsp of Ginger
1 Tblsp of Lemon Juice
1 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp of ground thyme OR 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
3/4 tsp of curry powder

Blend the cashew butter + Coconute butter in the blender with the water+ soak water.
Blend smooth and add the soaked sundried tomatoes. Blend that smooth
Add in the rest of the ingredients and if you want it thinner add more water, thicker add more nut butter.
To prepare a nice dish with it, pour hot water over brocolli florette and then "squeeze" the brocolli in the water. Transfer it to a nice dish, add the dip/sauce. Or just dip fresh veggies in there, because it's tasty!
Cilantro Brazil Nut Pesto

2 Cups (packed) Cilantro leaves (remove stems)
2/3 Cup Flaxseed Oil
4 garlic cloves
1/3 Cup Brazil Nuts
1/3 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/3 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
2-3 Lemons (minus skin)
2 Tablespoons Dulse Flakes
Celtic Sea Salt to taste

Place everything in food processor and blend until creamy. (read below for the benefits of cilantro)

Cilantro is known to be rich in phytonutrients, flavonoids and active phenolic acid compounds, all of which are good for you. There are no definitive studies on cilantro but many believe that it and the seeds (often called coriander), have been found to help control blood sugar, lower cholesterol and fight inflammation and free radicals. There is further speculations that cilantro may also have antimicrobial properties.

There is also considerable literature speculating that cilantro may be an effective chellation therapy for people who have excess mercury in their systems. Some think that mercury poisoning could be the result of metallic teeth fillings. Every time a person with fillings chews, the fillings release minute amounts of mercury gas that may be breathed into the system (swallowing mercury is actually far less toxic than breathing it). Of course, this is all speculative and disputed. Nevertheless, many people who have suffered from mercury poisoning and the "brain cloud" it causes have reported fairly rapid relief by the consistent consumption of cilantro over a period of just a few weeks.

Cilantro is also reported to deal effectively with other metals in the system. Consumption of about two teaspoons of cilantro pesto daily for three or four weeks may have beneficial effects.

This recipe also sounds very good!

Simple Cilantro Salsa

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
6 Roma tomatoes
1 white onion, diced tiny-like
1 diced jalepeno pepper
juice of one lemon
juice of one lime
salt to taste

Directions:
Make sure everything is thoroughly diced or chopped. Put in a bowl or a quart jar. Refrigerate over night to allow a good blending of flavors.

Marjorie's Faux Salmon Pate

I can't tell you how delicious this is- You have to try it for yourselves!

2 C Walnuts
2 Stalks celery
1 Large red bell pepper
scallions
sea salt to taste

Blend until smooth in food processor. Served in endive leaves or avocado quarters.

Recipe for Hemp Dill Dip

1/2 C Filtered water
fresh dill small handful
1-2 Tbsp Nama Shoyu
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp Brewers Yeast or Nutritional Yeast
2 Tbsp ACV (Bragg's apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
2 Tbsp Chia seeds
1/2 C Hemp seeds
1 clove garlic- unpeeled if using Vitamix or equivalent high speed blender

Blend until creamy

serve with raw veggies like jicama, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, carrots
Even though Spain calls this a "bread" it is more of a fruit pate. It's very similar to the inside of a fig newton. :)

Pan de Higo is served as a complimentary tapa to wine or sherry. This recipe toasts the almonds, but for us, we'd just leave them raw. It can also be made with dates and is called Pan de Datiles. While searching for a recipe, I also found for sale a version that is apricot and almond. I think there are many variations. I'll keep searching for other recipes!

Pan de higo is a traditional way to preserve figs for the cold winter months. The artisanal fig cake is a specialty of Jaen in Andalusia, and as it contains no flour, the cake will last a long time. This is such a traditional and amazing recipe we haven’t given it our usual twist – we’re just presenting it in its delicious simplicity. Pan de higo travels well, and is perfect for a Spanish-themed picnic; pack along with chorizo, manchego or garrotxa cheese, some crusty bread, and a bottle of Spanish wine.

8 servings

Ingredients

1 pound dried figs
½ cup Marcona almonds
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
½ teaspoon anise seeds
Cinnamon, to taste
1 tablespoon honey
Brandy, as needed to bring the mix together

Equipment

Food processor

Preparation

Toast the almonds and grind them in the food processor, pulsing gently until the almonds are chopped, but stop before they turn to a paste. They should be of varying sizes.

Clean the dried figs, removing the stems, and mince them in the food processor.

Mix the almonds with the figs, the ground cloves, the sesame seeds, anise seeds and a dash of cinnamon, to taste. Add the honey and just enough brandy to hold the mixture together, mixing well to evenly distribute the seeds and the liquid.

Lightly flour a clean counter and form the cake into a loaf shape or log shape. Place the pan de higo in a container with a weighted plate on top to compress it, and let stand in a cool dry place for several days to dry it out.

Service

Slice the pan de higo and serve with slices of manchego cheese, or serve drizzled with honey. It’s also lovely with a glass of sherry.
Recipe and photo by Mark TafoyW
I have so many recipes from my class and I got tired of typing them in so scanning seems to be an easier solution.

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service