Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

Featured Photo is Deborah's Raw Pad Thai

When I was first transitioning into a raw diet, I was really into making wonderful raw entrees since I had always been such a foodie. My husband also wanted a "meal" not just a snack, so I had fun experimenting with many recipes and created many of my own. I'll list some simple recipes and a few gourmet dishes as well.

When you add your favorite recipes, let us know if it's an original or add the source from where it originally came.

Photos are always appreciated.

Views: 17130

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! what do you mean by "young coconut meat"? thanks!

Earth Mother said:

Chipotle “Mayo”

1 C pine nuts
2 Tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
1/4 C filtered water
1/2 C young coconut meat
3 tsp chipotle seasoning

Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.

The meat of a young thai coconut - learn more about them here: 
Young Thai Coconuts

Veronica McGee said:

Hi! what do you mean by "young coconut meat"? thanks!

Earth Mother said:

Chipotle “Mayo”

1 C pine nuts
2 Tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
1/4 C filtered water
1/2 C young coconut meat
3 tsp chipotle seasoning

Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.

Whoa, this is so good!!!  I made this for lunch today and it is really, really delicious. My subs: I used Shirataki noodles instead of kelp (it's what I had in the fridge), went with all lime juice and 2 (instead of 1) tblsp of agave and it was perfect.  I can't wait till my husband comes home for lunch to try it!  

Tracy Scott said:

Kelp Noodle Salad
from the Raw Union e-book of Matt Monarch & Angela Stokes-Monarch

1 Bag kelp noodles
1 zucchini spiral sliced
1/2 c. green cabbage thinly sliced
1/4 c. olive oil
1/3c green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 bunch fresh basil
1/3 bunch fresh cilantro
1/3 bunch fresh mint
1-2 cloves fresh garlic minced
1-2 T. peeled & grated ginger
2 T. lemon or lime juice (or both)
1-2 T. agave syrup or other sweetner
1 T. apple cider vinegar
1 t. himalayan sea salt
1/8 t. cayenne pepper (optional)

Soak & rinse kelp noodles, drain and pat dry and place in large bowl. Add the zucchini and cabbage and olive oil and toss together well. Add all the rest of the ingredients.
Be prepared for incredible taste explosion!!!!

Love Love Love!  I made this today for lunch and it is really fantastic!  I set it aside while I started on another dish and I kept going back to the bowl to taste it! :)  Thanks so much for posting this. 

Ronda S. ~aka pixelkatt~ said:

This is my absolute favorite Mock Tuna Salad and it's one my husband even requests (and he's not raw). I took this off of GoneRaw.com but then tweaked it to my liking so I am putting my revised recipe here. :)

2 cups almonds
6 or 7 Celery Ribs, diced
4 green onions, thinly sliced (the long skinny ones, lol)
About 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley (more if you think it needs more.. I just pull about a handful of parsley and add it so I'm not exactly sure if 1/4 is the exact amount)..
Juice of 2 lemons
1 clove of garlic
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne (more or less depending on your taste)
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
About 3/4 of sheet of nori
Salt to taste

Add celery and green onions to large bowl and let sit.. In a food processor, place almonds, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cayenne, paprika and nori (tear into pieces first) in a food processer and process it well so it's all mixed. I actually process the almonds first so that they get well blended, but I have a mini processor so that might be why I need to do this.. Once blended, add it to celery and onions. Mix and add more salt if needed.

We love this recipe and it is so easy to make. You can add it to a collard wrap with some tomato and avocado, or you can make a sandwich with it with some raw bread and mayo or you can add it to a sheet of nori with other veggies that you like and make nori rolls OR you can just eat it plain!! ;D It's great to make in advance and have a meal on hand for a few days!!

I tried the stuffed mushroom caps for the first time - they were delicious.  I could not find the fresh basil and omitted it, added some yellow peppers, stuffed the caps and dehydrated for a few hours.  Very good!!  What can a person use instead of the pine nuts though?  In my area they are extremely expensive and I usually avoid recipes using them.

Penni said:

Simple Stuffed Mushrooms
1 large container of brown button mushrooms, stems removed
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, packed leaves, shopped
1/3 cup fresh basil, packed leaves, chopped
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1 cup tomato chopped
2 TBSP Bragg's Liquid Aminos, or to taste

Place all ingredients except the mushrooms and tomatoes into a food processor and pulse to chop. Add tomatoes and continue to pulse chop until just blended. This mixture should be more of a pesto, not a puree. Stuff this filling into the mushroom cap. The mushrooms can be eaten raw or dehydrated to warm for 2 hours at 115 degrees.

Delicious low fat, raw Sushi!

No nuts, oils, or salt in this recipe!

This meal is packed with protein and nutrients, and it's so good!

This is honestly the only sushi I've ever had and enjoyed, definitely worth trying!

http://thegaychickwiththeblog.blogspot.com/2012/12/low-fat-raw-gour...

Peace~

Flavorfrul Fat-free Parsley-Tomato Pasta!

Salt free, nut free, and oil free for optimum health!

This recipe is SO easy and SO flavorful, and contains nothing but delicious, raw fruits and veggies!

http://thegaychickwiththeblog.blogspot.com/2012/12/flavorful-fat-fr...

Tomato-Orange Salad Dressing

*this recipe is salt free & fat free for optimum health!

This dressing is the best! I out it on a salad I shared with my SAD parents and they loved it! It's super healthy for you - 100% fruits and veggies - and it's seriously surprisingly good!

http://thegaychickwiththeblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/tomato-orange-sa...
Attachments:

Taste of the Islands Stuffed Avocados

Penni Shelton

For the Cilantro Lime Tomato Salsa:

3 multi-colored heirloom tomatoes, seeded & chopped

1/3 cup finely chopped red onion

2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves

2 teaspoons fresh lime juice

½ teaspoon lime zest

1 garlic clove, minced

Himalayan salt& freshly ground black pepper

For the Assembly:

3 large ripe avocados, halved & pitted

Lime wedges

Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish

Thoroughly combine the tomato salad ingredients; adjust salt & pepper.  Mound the salad into the opening in each avocado half (where the pit used to be), garnish with lime wedges & fresh cilantro sprigs.

Sounds Amazing!  Thanks so much for sharing!  I would love the cucumber dressing recipe too :)

No Meat, Meat 3 cups of mostly pecans and walnuts. You can add brazil nuts or other nuts like pine nuts

1/2 of sundried tomatoes, and/or 1 cup tomato chopped

1-2 cup Pulp from carrots (optional)

1/2 cup chopped Onion

2-4 raw garlic cloves (to taste)

1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed leaves, chopped

1/2 cup fresh basil, packed leaves, chopped

1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

3 tbsp. Chili Powder (to taste)

1/4 tsp. Chipotle (optional)

Cayenne (optional)

2 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos, or to taste)

Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend to a ground meat consistency.

Check out my raw vegan taco recipe!! 

These tortilla shells are amazing! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcGsIvXWJ6I&list=UUBbM2nUv_FjIn... 

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service