Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

Featured Photo is Deborah's Raw Pad Thai

When I was first transitioning into a raw diet, I was really into making wonderful raw entrees since I had always been such a foodie. My husband also wanted a "meal" not just a snack, so I had fun experimenting with many recipes and created many of my own. I'll list some simple recipes and a few gourmet dishes as well.

When you add your favorite recipes, let us know if it's an original or add the source from where it originally came.

Photos are always appreciated.

Views: 17728

Replies to This Discussion

Oyster Mushroom Ceviche

Summer Vegetable Rolls

Spicy Almond Butter Dressing

2 cups almond butter
4 roma tomatoes
3/4 cup sesame oil
1/2 cup nama shoya
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon miso
3 inch piece of ginger
1 inch piece of lemon grass
6-8 bird chiles
1 teaspoon salt

Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.

Chile-Lime Macadamia Nuts

6 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, soaked 1-2 hours, drained and dehydrated for 48 hours
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup agave
1 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
2 teaspoons sea salt

Mix everything in a large bowl
Transfer to dehydrator screens and dehydrate for 36 hours
Zucchini Pasta with White Wine Cashew Sauce

Chili Con Corn from Diana Stobo.com

With the fresh summer tomatoes and corn, I was inspired to make something outrageously delicious. And this recipe is by far my favorite of the season.
Prep time 10 minutes • Serves 2
Ingredients
2 cups tomatoes, diced
1 stalk celery, finely diced
1 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
1 tablespoon shallot, minced
1 serrano chili, minced
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
¾ teaspoon sea salt
Place all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix together. Set aside
1 corn on the cob, kernels removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon nama shoyu
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon coriander
½ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup sunflower seeds, ground in nut and spice grinder or coffee grinder
Directions
Place corn kernels in separate bowl, moisten with olive oil and nama shoyu, sprinkle spices salt and sunflower seeds on top and toss to coat. Add to the tomato mixture and fold in lightly. Remove about ¼ of
the chili mixture and place in a blender. Blend to a puree and pour
back into chili mixture. Fold in gently and serve.
Sea Spaghetti w/Cheeze Sauce (recipe HERE)

Sea spaghetti
Cheeze sauce
Sugar snap peas
Vidahlia onion
Tomatoes

Simple and good

Raw, Meatless Hallelujah Hot Dogs
By Rhonda Malkmus

Rhonda took on the challenge of making a raw hot dog without the use of tofu or other soy products. She shared a trial run of the ‘Hallelujah Hot Dawg’ with a number of staff who thought it quite good. Then the real test came. She shared it with Rob, our CFO here at Hallelujah Acres, who had been a hot dog connoisseur before adopting the Hallelujah Diet. Not only did he gave it a thumbs up, but he gobbled the whole thing down!

Ingredients
•¾ cup pecans (soaked overnight, drained, and dried on a towel to remove moisture)
•1 cup walnuts (soaked overnight, drained, and dried on a towel to remove moisture)
•½ cup sweet onion (coarsely chopped)
•½ cup carrot (coarsely chopped)
•2 garlic cloves (peeled)
•2 tablespoons raw unfiltered honey
•2 tablespoons Nama Shoyu (available in most Health Food Stores)
•2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke*
•1 teaspoon marjoram
•½ teaspoon celery flakes
•½ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt
•½ teaspoon smoked paprika
•½ teaspoon Hallelujah Acres BeetMax powder (for color & nutrition)
•Pinch of cayenne
•Freshly chopped veggies of your choice (for toppings)

Directions
Place all ingredients (except chopped veggie toppings) in a food processor with an “S” blade and process until a smooth dough like consistency. Wet hands and form dough into small hot dog shapes and place on a solid teflex sheet. Dehydrate 4 hours at 105 degrees. Turn dawgs onto dryer screen and return to dehydrator for another hour.

Serve warm on a whole grain bun (this is Rhonda's suggestion..I suggest making your own raw bread/bun or wrapping it in a leafy green!) with freshly chopped veggies of your choice.

*The only possibly questionable ingredient in this “dawg” is the Liquid Smoke which contains: water, natural hickory smoke flavor, vinegar, molasses, caramel color and salt.

Please Note: Recipes using a lot of nuts are for special occasions. Nuts are high in fat and protein and should be used sparingly on the Hallelujah Diet. Those dealing with cancer will want to avoid nuts completely except for a few walnuts.
Creamy Quinoa Tabouleh

Now this is DELICIOUS!! The one think that I like about Juliano is that he doesn't try to make things replicas of the SAD diet. He has an inherent talent for mixing flavors that make delicious dishes. He also is extremely generous in his portions. I'm listing his recipe that states it's for 2, but it will easily serve 4 with salad greens under it. Spinach, Chard leaves or kale would also work with this dish because it's very creamy.

Bennies!!

1) creamy with no nuts!
2) not many like sprouted chickpeas, Juliano has found a way to make them very palatable!!
3) 1/2's very easily so if you're the only raw in the house you don't end up with days and days of Tabouleh.
4) Makes a VERY creamy dish, so much that adding the other greens is almost a must!

Prep Must Knows!
1) Takes sprouted quinoa, so if you are 100% raw and don't cook or soak warm Quinoa...plan ahead. Quinoa sprouts very quickly, though (1 day or so after soaking).
2) Takes sprouted chickpeas. These take longer (2-3 days after the initial soak. (I sprouted mine, then dehydrated them. Soaked for 1 hr. then made this dish. Much easier!!

Creamy Qunoa Tabouleh
Chickpeas Spouted
(garbanzo Beans, Bengal Gram) 2 cups
Water 2 1/2 cups for blending sprouted chickies
Tahini 1/4 cup
Burdock Root, chopped for blender 1/4 cup
Lemon Juice ¼ cup
Sea Salt 2 tsp
Cherry Tomatoes, ½’ed 1 cup
Soy Sauce ~ Shoyu ~ Reduced Sodium 1 Tbs
Peppermint, chopped finely 2/3 cup
Cucumber, diced 1/3 cup
Parsley, chopped finely 1/3 cup
Peppers ~ Jalapeno, chopped finely 1 tsp
Ginger Root, grated or minced 1 tsp
Oil ~ Olive ½ cup
Garlic ~ Clove, minced or pressed 2 clove or 1 Tbs
Quinoa, Sprouted 1 cup

In a blender, combine the sprouted chickpeas and water. Blend well. (I let mine settle for about 15 minutes, but not necessary). Pour the chickpea mix into a fine sieve or nut bag over sink. Rinse the chickpea mix and pour it back into the blender (surprised that even on blending "whole food" it was alot like almond milk flour when done). Add the tahini, burdock, and lemon juice, and Celtic sea salt in blender and blend until creamy (I also added about 1/2 c. water at this point to help blending). Transfer the blender contents into a serving bowl and fold in the tomato, shoyu, mint, cukes, parsley, garlic, jalapeno, ginger, olive oil, and sprouted quinoa. Serve!!

This would be a great Pot Luck item! I'm going to link it to that discussion thread too.

Happy Noshing!

Stacey
This is one of the BEST 'burger' recipes. It was created by Anna Tipps (who passed away from cancer - founder of Purely Delicious - who I had the extreme pleasure of working with her when she had the idea of Purely Delicious magazine as a thought in her head).

Happy Cow Barbeque Burger
(makes 10-12 patties)

soak together for about 3-4 hours:
1 C walnuts
1 C pecans
1 C cashews
1/2 C sunflower seeds
2 dates, pitted
7 sun-dried tomatoes
-------------------------------
2 celery stalks, cut into chunks
2 large ripe roma or similar-sized tomatoes, cut into large chunks
2 T. nutritional yeast flakes
2 tsp. savory or dried parsley
1 T. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. grounf d white pepper
1 tsp. sea salt

Preparation:
Drain soaking ingredients and rinse well. Combine all ingredients in food processor, putting the tomatoes and celery on the bottom. Process until "meaty" and a somewhat smooth texture is reached.

Place 10-12 medium-sized mounds on dehydrator screen (not teflex sheets) and shape into patties - about 1" tall. Dehydrate at 130 degrees for 3 hours and then turn temperature down to 115 and continue drying for another 5 hrs. Flip burgers over. Continue dehydrating for another 2-3 hrs. Patties will keep well stored in fridge.

I have a question regarding the cashews mentioned in these recipes. When it calls for cashews specifically, it is ok to use another nut instead, for example, pecans? Or is there a particular reason for using cashews instead of a different nut? I want to try some of these recipes, but I don't want to have bubble lips again. :)

Thanks!

Your sis in Christ,
Suz

VeganforlifeⓋ said:

Mushroom Nut Loaf

2-½ Portabella Mushrooms
1 C Walnuts
½ C Carrots
½ Red Bell Pepper
1/8th C Parsley
½ C Sun dried Tomatoes
1 inch piece of Poblano Pepper
1 Clove Garlic
½ tsp of Cumin
1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt

Grind everything in the Food Processor.
Form into a loaf about 6 in. L/ 3 in. W/ 1&/1/2 in. D
Top with Raw Ketchup, or Raw BBQ or Raw Marinara and dehydrate 9 to 12 hours at 100 degrees and serve warm.

Serves 2 to 4.

This is an old favorite.

It's from:

Raw Food, Right Now!
Heidi and Justin Ohlander
Http://www.rawfoodrightnow.com

and was included in their Holiday menu ebook a few years ago.

If you don't want to use cashews, you can substitute pine nuts. They have the creamy texture.

If you're not using vinegaryou can just leave it off and it'll be fine. The mustard adds enough spice.
This WOWS SAD eaters!

Raw Deviled Eggless "egg" Salad
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Serves 4-6

½ cup pure water (start with less add more)
Juice from one lemon or lime
1/4 tsp garlic
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
1 ½ cups raw cashews
1 Tbsp organic yellow mustard or spicy mustard for a kick (I use mustard powder)
1 - 1 1/2 Tbsp dill (optional)
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Turmeric, as needed for color (approx. 1 teaspoon)

Place the water, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and cashews in Vita Mix, and blend until very smooth.

Place mixture in a medium sized mixing bowl.

Stir in the mustard, apple cider vinegar, and turmeric until it reaches the color and flavor you desire.

You can add celery and red bell pepper.
(I actually throw everything into the blender and mix, except celery, if I'm adding that)

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2018   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service