Adding LIFE to your years and years to your life!
"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself:
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be.
Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
- Groucho Marx
Love me some Will Bowen!!
Happiness is mental fitness.
Your level of physical fitness is determined by two things:
1. What you put into your body (nutrition)
2. What you do with your body (exercise)
Your level of happiness is formed in the same way
1. What you put into your mind (positive vs. negative news, views, music, movies, etc.)
2. What you do with your mind (forcing your mind to think about good outcomes rather than worry)
What are you putting into your mind today? Junk food or nourishment?
What are you doing with your mind today? Holding it on desired outcomes or letting it run in panicked circles?
This year, give up complaining and L.E.N.T. will be an acronym for "Let's Eliminate Negative Thinking."
We all know that our thoughts create our lives but our words indicate what we are thinking. The best way to reformat your mental hard drive with positive thoughts is to stop the negativity of complaining.
A Complaint Free Pledge:
1. I commit to looking for solutions rather than problems
2. I will speak only positively about other people whether they are present or not
3. My words will be about the myriad things I have to be grateful for rather than my relatively small number of problems
4. I take responsibility for my words knowing that they reflect my thoughts and create my reality
5. I know that happiness is a choice I make at any given moment and I choose to be happy
Complaining is a competitive sport. When one person complains we are tempted to try and outdo the complainer with our own tale of woe.
This is like trying to drink more poison than those around us.
If others choose to complain, let them do so and experience the effects of their negativity. Guard your own words and live the happy life you desire.