Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

Hello Penni and fellow members....

Remember me? 

I have not visited this forum for several years. Once upon a time in a different reality, I was a very active member of RawFu (2008 - 2010 for those who know what I am talking about) and also had a series of YouTube videos that many people who were active in these forums followed... long since extinct! 

Lately I've been thinking how much I miss being part of online communities such as this one, and the many people I knew from both RawFu and Raw Food Rehab come to mind frequently. I wonder whatever happened to....

Know what I mean?

My life has taken several interesting twists and turns in the years since I last posted, including a bout of severe clinical depression and chronic health issues, followed by a massive health and life overhaul... and the loss of 100 pounds.

I am a full-time grad student these days, studying Integrative Health and Wellness, so time isn't something I have a whole lot to spare. But in any case, it would be great to reconnect with some of the wonderful people I got to know on these forums in the past...

So if any of you do remember me, and are interested in reconnecting, please let me know... including you, Penni! Meanwhile I will make an effort to become more involved with this forum.

Uza

Views: 113

Replies to This Discussion

hi Uza, I jumped into Raw Food Rehab in early summer 2010 - and jumped into fully raw which I continued steadily for 3 years or so. I participated in several of the Initiatives, and loved the active participation of so many wonderful folks in this community. I'm glad that RFR is still here. So glad that Penni keeps the platform available for all of the good information - this is a treasure trove. I am mostly raw, still - with occasional cooked food, and always plant-based.  I am experiencing quite a shocking health event - diagnosed with breast cancer. I am working with a nutritional protocol and all of the things I know to do to support my health, well-being and renewal.  I'm happy to see you here and wish you the best in your studies and all that you are up to.  Blessings, Janet

Wow, you sure have been through a lot and have done well. I too miss being part of online communities such as this one

Of course I remember you, Uza! So wonderful to hear from you and to learn that you've had such an amazing health/life transformation!! 

All is well with me. Although I don't currently share much content here at RFR, I have left the full website up. We still have new members joining nearly everyday.

I have taken the Director's position at Oklahoma's largest farmers' market group in Tulsa and am loving everything about the job. It is a very good fit for me. Since i work so much, I don't have the time to create the content here that I once did. Have to keep this kid of mine in college (and now she's on to grad school)!

Again - so great to hear from you and hope more will join the conversation!

xoxo - Penni

Janet - I am just reading your comment. Please know that I will be sending you much love and surrounding you with prayers and healing energy. I am very sorry to hear that you are going through this challenging time, but I will believe with you for full and complete recovery. Much love and blessings to you, dearest one xoxoxo

Janet Carol Ryan said:

hi Uza, I jumped into Raw Food Rehab in early summer 2010 - and jumped into fully raw which I continued steadily for 3 years or so. I participated in several of the Initiatives, and loved the active participation of so many wonderful folks in this community. I'm glad that RFR is still here. So glad that Penni keeps the platform available for all of the good information - this is a treasure trove. I am mostly raw, still - with occasional cooked food, and always plant-based.  I am experiencing quite a shocking health event - diagnosed with breast cancer. I am working with a nutritional protocol and all of the things I know to do to support my health, well-being and renewal.  I'm happy to see you here and wish you the best in your studies and all that you are up to.  Blessings, Janet

Janet & Kathleen, it's nice to "meet" you both... schoolwork has kept me so busy the last few weeks, this is the first time I had a few moments to check back in.

Janet, I am sorry to hear of your health challenges and am directing some healing energy your way. Doing the best for yourself, nutritionally and lifestyle wise, is always the best approach and I am glad to hear you are doing that for yourself. Thanks for your well wishes.

PENNI! Of course I did not truly believe that you forgot me altogether, since I was once a very active part of our mutual online social scene and we interacted a great deal, but a LOT seems to have been happening in your life since the early RawFu days and I haven't been spending much time online since you started up RawFoodRehab :) I am mildly shocked to discover your daughter is headed off to grad school already. 

How awesome that you've found such fulfilling work! 

For the first time in my life I feel as though I, too, am doing what I was put here to do. Who knew my simply being me combined with my unique history of struggles, hardship, health issues and backsliding plus odd assortment of interests and education would turn out to be such a blessing to others? Aside from Well-Being Coaching and Consulting, I am currently creating Whole Life Wellness Workshops for women who are ready to create lasting change in their lives on such diverse subjects such as self-befriending, conscious aging, and supported-lifestyle-change community building. Hopefully at least one of them will be ready to launch by the end of the summer here in San Francisco! Meanwhile, I will be facilitating Healthier Living workshops over the summer as part of my internship. Soon I will start blogging and making videos again as well, and perhaps finally write the book(s) people have been pushing me to write for years.

In the meantime, it's great to be back in touch with you and I hope others from the past reconnect with me as well, even though my online presence will probably be as limited as yours for the foreseeable future.

thank you Uza - I am 30 days into my intensive nutritional/multi-pronged health protocol. It feels daunting at times, but then when I consider the alternatives (what the medical path offers) I am strengthened to stay steady!

blessings to you 

Uza said:

Janet & Kathleen, it's nice to "meet" you both... schoolwork has kept me so busy the last few weeks, this is the first time I had a few moments to check back in.

Janet, I am sorry to hear of your health challenges and am directing some healing energy your way. Doing the best for yourself, nutritionally and lifestyle wise, is always the best approach and I am glad to hear you are doing that for yourself. Thanks for your well wishes.

Hi Uza! I feel like it's a mini reunion. Hey Uza lots of people are on facebook, maybe check Penni's friend list? I've kept in touch with my RFR friends that way.

Glad to hear you are doing well!

I'm not able to be online much as I am finally better and back to real life finally. Miss you all!

Bitt

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service