Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

I started doing 60-70% raw food a month ago. I don't understand my weight loss.  I am not eating any junk food of any kind.  I am eating cereal with about 1/2 cup of milk for breakfast & I have a banana. Lunch is all raw vegetables with very little no fat dressing.  Snack is an Orange.  Supper is a salad & a small piece of lean chicken breast or turkey breast.  Night time snack is an apple or some fresh fruit & a handful of almonds.  On the weekends, I usually have a smoothie for lunch consisting of almond milk, & fresh fruit.  After the first two weeks, I lost 3 pounds.  After that, I lost 1 pound & this week I show I gained 2 pounds.  I am very frustrated.  I am a chocolate & junk food eater at night & on weekends & I have given all this up & getting no where with losing some pounds.  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  I am not ready to go 100% raw & not sure I ever can.  I just want to eat healthier & feel better.

Views: 444

Replies to This Discussion

Great! I'm glad your diet is working for you!!
I know that the natural hygiene and 80-10-10 circle are very much into the no salt thing.
Here's an article I found that pretty clearly outlines why (: http://www.fitonraw.com/2011/05/why-you-should-never-eat-salt/

Donald Rainwater said:

Wow Kati!  I was raw vegan for a year about 8 years ago, then went back to regular vegetarian with dairy.  It caught up with me, so I'm back to raw vegan with one cooked meal a day.  But.............this time I abstain from all added oils, added sweeteners, and SALT!  Wow!  What a difference.  All my inflammation from old sports injuries is practically non-existent, and I have a new energy level I never experienced the first time I went raw.  Do you have any reference to the knowledge behind salt, or abstaining from salt. I'm just flying on intuition.  I've lost a little more than 5 pounds, maybe 10, but I was trim to begin with. 

Kati S said:

First off - I want to remind you that almost every raw vegan out there said at one point that they could never go 100% raw. I know I did! ;p

I can't tell you exactly what the problem is.

It's definitely good that you're trying to keep your diet low in fat. That's a problem most people initially going raw run into.

My first suggestion is to ditch the meat and go 100% vegan. Despite all the adds and studies conducted by the animal product industry, humans are not designed to eat meat, and it can wreak havoc on our systems.

My second suggestion is to cut out salt. This can be hard, as almost all prepared foods contain salt. However, its totally worth it. Lots of people lose 10+lbs just from cutting the salt. I lost 5 when I took that step, and I didn't even know I had any weight to lose! I also started feeling way better and even looking healthier when I cut the salt.

Also it's worth mentioning that I "gain" 5+lbs in a day! After a meal, I weigh 105lbs. When I wake up in the morning (after peeing and defecating, ect) I weight 100. So the gain could be just food weight. 2lbs really isn't that significant.

Good luck, & peace (:

thank you!

Kati S said:

Great! I'm glad your diet is working for you!!
I know that the natural hygiene and 80-10-10 circle are very much into the no salt thing.
Here's an article I found that pretty clearly outlines why (: http://www.fitonraw.com/2011/05/why-you-should-never-eat-salt/

Donald Rainwater said:

Wow Kati!  I was raw vegan for a year about 8 years ago, then went back to regular vegetarian with dairy.  It caught up with me, so I'm back to raw vegan with one cooked meal a day.  But.............this time I abstain from all added oils, added sweeteners, and SALT!  Wow!  What a difference.  All my inflammation from old sports injuries is practically non-existent, and I have a new energy level I never experienced the first time I went raw.  Do you have any reference to the knowledge behind salt, or abstaining from salt. I'm just flying on intuition.  I've lost a little more than 5 pounds, maybe 10, but I was trim to begin with. 

Kati S said:

First off - I want to remind you that almost every raw vegan out there said at one point that they could never go 100% raw. I know I did! ;p

I can't tell you exactly what the problem is.

It's definitely good that you're trying to keep your diet low in fat. That's a problem most people initially going raw run into.

My first suggestion is to ditch the meat and go 100% vegan. Despite all the adds and studies conducted by the animal product industry, humans are not designed to eat meat, and it can wreak havoc on our systems.

My second suggestion is to cut out salt. This can be hard, as almost all prepared foods contain salt. However, its totally worth it. Lots of people lose 10+lbs just from cutting the salt. I lost 5 when I took that step, and I didn't even know I had any weight to lose! I also started feeling way better and even looking healthier when I cut the salt.

Also it's worth mentioning that I "gain" 5+lbs in a day! After a meal, I weigh 105lbs. When I wake up in the morning (after peeing and defecating, ect) I weight 100. So the gain could be just food weight. 2lbs really isn't that significant.

Good luck, & peace (:

Are you getting any exercise?

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service