Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

I have been here so many times, and I reallly want to make this work this time around. I ve been here but never this desperate. I need to turn over a new leaf and am looking for people of like mind to walk the walk with me....is anyone around here?

in Peace

Sarah

Views: 192

Replies to This Discussion

You live in Hawaii if I remember correctly.  I remember you were making some wonderful looking meals.  

I am so happy to hear from you.  

I ended up with MS.  Raw food helps to decrease the symptoms.  Raw is the way to go for sure.

oh my.  Do you remember the gal who took over one of the raw food magazines?(she was part of Alyssas site too).

She also had MS and  Raw food completely changed her life.  

I do live in Hawaii where raw beautiful food is abundant and thankfully within reach!  My dehydrators are now out of storage and  papayas & white pineapple right from our Garden was the first thing to  go in!  (along with tamari almonds! yum!) next will be onion bread!  I so miss a good sun burger or portebello burger on onion bread a big fat slab of avocado and garden lettuce - a whopping tomato -- omg - great now I made myself hungry!!

I will be trying to figure out how to post pics again!  any ways I better stop i think i hijacked the thread! sorry sorry!!

Hello Raw Food Compatriots!

Yes, let's definitely keep the conversation on here for all those needing support!  It's inspiring to see the persistence of those on a raw food journey.  I think raw foods become a symbol of wholeness and balance, but let's face it, we sometimes don't feel so balanced or "whole."  It's not about being 100 percent or doing it "right," it's about continuing to seek our own balance and using raw foods as a tool in that process.  I am on year six, and I seriously don't know how it evolved like this.  I guess I just needed it and made it work.  I don't know that I'll be "100 percent" the rest of my life, but for the most part, it works for me now.  

That said, raw foods aren't the answer to all my problems.  I lost 100+ pounds a decade ago on a vegan diet, and raw foods felt like an "upgrade" after that.  But, life is busy and stressful and, ironically, while pursuing my master's degree in health and wellness coaching this past year, my "balance" has gotten thrown off a bit with more sitting in front of the computer, less exercise and less energy for preparing food.  And, I certainly like my raw chocolate truffles and gourmet raw treats, so it has translated into a few extra pounds and a little less energy.  But, I'm still inspired by REAL, whole foods, their vibrancy and the amazing things we can create with them and as a result of them!

Let's keep the momentum going... bring on the inspiration!

Tara

I'm so inspired & delighted to have you all here, sharing & interacting. Thank you for breathing life into the site once again. Excited about today & the future for us all.

I heard something said yesterday the really resonated wit me. It was something like, "Every thought you think and every choice you make is either holding you in an old pattern that is no longer serving you, OR bringing your desired reality one step closer." That isn't exact, but hopefully you all get the idea. 

It really hit me.... how every choice is shaping our reality in a very powerful way. What we believe about ourselves, that little nibble of something that we know isn't supporting the big picture of our wellness, etc. 

We have to empower ourselves and I am convinced that it all starts in the mind. And a clean, healthy diet can really support our efforts to get clear, enjoy renewed energy, better focus and improving our self-respect. 

Wishing you all a beautiful Friday & start to a great weekend!

Yes Starfire, I remember Rebecca.  Her magazine and site is closed down.  I tried to contact her awhile back to see how she was doing.  

I just got the newest 10 tray Excalibur dehydrator.  It is soo nice !  My old Excalibur dehydrator of 20+ years, bottom is cracked up.  The low heat of making raw foods over the years cracked up the plastic so I can't clean it anymore.  I didn't want the plastic molecules getting into the foods, so I went with 100% stainless steel.  I found pizza stones to that fit in it and stainless steel trays.  

The other day I was watching a video by Karyn Calabes.  She said for some people going 100% is what is needed to experience healing.  I was eating partly raw for a long time, staying stuck at still feeling crappy.  Going 100% makes a big difference in how I feel.  Juicing works better for me than making smoothies.  My body absorbs the nutrients better.  Little things add up and matter with the raw diet.

very cool - thank you for sharing that Penni!  Every step means something - big or little.  Makes one stop and think  before speaking - eating and take a moment to breathe before decisions.  hmmm.... i like it.  =>

Penni said:

I'm so inspired & delighted to have you all here, sharing & interacting. Thank you for breathing life into the site once again. Excited about today & the future for us all.

I heard something said yesterday the really resonated wit me. It was something like, "Every thought you think and every choice you make is either holding you in an old pattern that is no longer serving you, OR bringing your desired reality one step closer." That isn't exact, but hopefully you all get the idea. 

It really hit me.... how every choice is shaping our reality in a very powerful way. What we believe about ourselves, that little nibble of something that we know isn't supporting the big picture of our wellness, etc. 

We have to empower ourselves and I am convinced that it all starts in the mind. And a clean, healthy diet can really support our efforts to get clear, enjoy renewed energy, better focus and improving our self-respect. 

Wishing you all a beautiful Friday & start to a great weekend!

in the same boat Joy Inspired... at the 'feeling not so glowing' stage!  I have been eating a lot of raw - but for me I think it makes a HUGE difference when I am 100%. I can FEEL the difference - DEEP down to the cellular level. .... okay.. pulling on those warrior boots - getting ready to get jiggy with my fabulous Excalibur!! lol!

ayyeee... wish you hadn't told me about the stainless dehydrator! Oh boy now I want one. I am going to GOOGLE it as soon as I am done posting this! Now see what you have started! 

I can hear my husband GROANING from here and slamming his wallet shut  (and I'm at work!) lol!!

this is getting fun ladies!!

=>

Joy Inspired said:

Yes Starfire, I remember Rebecca.  Her magazine and site is closed down.  I tried to contact her awhile back to see how she was doing.  

I just got the newest 10 tray Excalibur dehydrator.  It is soo nice !  My old Excalibur dehydrator of 20+ years, bottom is cracked up.  The low heat of making raw foods over the years cracked up the plastic so I can't clean it anymore.  I didn't want the plastic molecules getting into the foods, so I went with 100% stainless steel.  I found pizza stones to that fit in it and stainless steel trays.  

The other day I was watching a video by Karyn Calabes.  She said for some people going 100% is what is needed to experience healing.  I was eating partly raw for a long time, staying stuck at still feeling crappy.  Going 100% makes a big difference in how I feel.  Juicing works better for me than making smoothies.  My body absorbs the nutrients better.  Little things add up and matter with the raw diet.

It has gotten quite here.

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service