Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

Hi everyone! 

I'm new to the website here and am thrilled to have found you all! Penni has really created something amazing here, I'm really looking forward to being apart of it and meeting you all..or at least some of you ;) 

I am also fairly new to being raw - started dabbling in it January of this year and probably went higher raw 80-95% in February but that has been fluctuating a lot lately. I've had days where I'm just so stuck that I will revert to a cooked vegan meal but don't want to fall back into that. So here I am! Hoping some of you may be able to help!  I'm currently reading Dr.Graham's 80/10/10 book and am loving it so much, there just really feels like there is so much truth there. But I am struggling a bit for dinner. 

I wanted to see if there was anyone else here following 80/10/10 and perhaps if you/they could share some dinner ideas. I've been doing 1-2 L of Oj...banana smoothies...bananas...date/banana smoothies etc. during the day but for dinner - I get stuck. A basic green salad can only get me so far...some of Dr. Doug's suggestions like throwing a mango and a tomato in a blender and making a soup out of it just really doesn't appeal to me. So I wanted to see if anyone else might have some good low fat raw vegan dinner ideas? 

Thanks so much and looking forward to connecting!

Ella

Views: 94

Replies to This Discussion

Hey dear! I'm am am a fellow 80-10-10er (been doing it about 90% (i eat some cooked food sometimes and stuff) for over a year now), and let me say... you are so lucky that you found this lifestyle! I can definitely attest to the fact that out of healthy diets, this is the best! I've done high fat raw and its just does not compare to the energy and happiness and enthusiasm for life I have found on 80-10-10 (:

I struggled with dinner at first, too. I wouldn't eat enough greens, so I would start craving savory stuff, and I would eat potatoes for something not sweet - but this didn't solve my problem because that craving for savory was actually a craving for the minerals found in greens!

First off- low fat raw dinners are not going to taste like cooked dinners. So you are going to have to get used to a new kind of food. If you are not quite ready for that, it would not be the end of the world to have some high carb, whole food, low fat cooked food with dinner - potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, corn, quinoa, etc. As long as you are eating your greens with it (:

Beyond that, there are a few different kinds of dinners I do (:

1) salads -- these are what I've been doing recently. You can make a savory dressing - herbs, half an avo or tahini, lemon juice, etc; or a sweet dressing - mango/tomato/basil, etc, or a simple dressing of just the juice of a lemon or orange or something. Throw in veggies you like and, nom! My fave right now is probably greens tossed in lemon juice + basil, 1/2 tomato, dried mango. Delicious, simple, and fat free!

2) pasta! -- Get a spiralizer. I'm serious, you won't regret it! Spiralize a few cucumbers or zucchini, and blend your greens into the pasta sauce. You can look up Teri leventhal's blog for some ideas (:

3) wraps -- you can really do whatever you want with these (: get the big romaine lettuce heads, blend up a sauce (again, could be savory or sweet/savory!) put your favorite veggies & fruits in, herbs, the dressing, wrap it up, and bon apatite! You could also throw some rice or potatoes in these to make them more filling. (These do take a bit of time to eat because you have to make a LOT of them before you're full - I normally go through a whole head worth of wraps. But they're so yummy and fun!)

4) soup -- perhaps a simple mango and tomato doesn't do it for you, but some savory green soups are ridiculously delicious! A friend of mine got me the book, "the green smoothie miracle" by Erica Palmcrantz Aziz for Christmas, and she has some really yummy, basically 811 friendly green soup recipes in her book. I'm actually making her green gazpacho recipe for lunch today! (:
Some of the soups in the book also make really good sauces for your raw pasta (: I definitely recommend the book if you need ideas on getting those greens in.

Those are the 4 dinner options I generally rotate through, and I feel extremely satisfied eating this way! In fact, I feel way more satisfied than I have eating any other way in the past!

Good luck! And peace (:

Hi Kati!

Sorry for my late reply -the email address attached to this account is not one I check super often! I will have to change that! Thank you SO much for your response and all your great suggestions! I totally agree with you - this is by far the best "diet" I have ever found/experienced. It has truly been life changing for me! I think since messaging I have finally found my groove...feeling much better with my meals and what not and you're right a big part of that was really having to just let go of old tastes/ways of doing things. Not to mention the guilt - letting go of the guilt when I eat a baked potato...that was a big one! But I feel on track now and honestly can't get enough of it! 80/10/10 just makes so much sense to me!

Thank you again so much! It's really great to connect with others following a similar regimen! And thanks for all the suggestions on the book and websites- I will definitely check them out!

Warm regards,

Ella xo 

Kati S said:

Hey dear! I'm am am a fellow 80-10-10er (been doing it about 90% (i eat some cooked food sometimes and stuff) for over a year now), and let me say... you are so lucky that you found this lifestyle! I can definitely attest to the fact that out of healthy diets, this is the best! I've done high fat raw and its just does not compare to the energy and happiness and enthusiasm for life I have found on 80-10-10 (:

I struggled with dinner at first, too. I wouldn't eat enough greens, so I would start craving savory stuff, and I would eat potatoes for something not sweet - but this didn't solve my problem because that craving for savory was actually a craving for the minerals found in greens!

First off- low fat raw dinners are not going to taste like cooked dinners. So you are going to have to get used to a new kind of food. If you are not quite ready for that, it would not be the end of the world to have some high carb, whole food, low fat cooked food with dinner - potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, corn, quinoa, etc. As long as you are eating your greens with it (:

Beyond that, there are a few different kinds of dinners I do (:

1) salads -- these are what I've been doing recently. You can make a savory dressing - herbs, half an avo or tahini, lemon juice, etc; or a sweet dressing - mango/tomato/basil, etc, or a simple dressing of just the juice of a lemon or orange or something. Throw in veggies you like and, nom! My fave right now is probably greens tossed in lemon juice + basil, 1/2 tomato, dried mango. Delicious, simple, and fat free!

2) pasta! -- Get a spiralizer. I'm serious, you won't regret it! Spiralize a few cucumbers or zucchini, and blend your greens into the pasta sauce. You can look up Teri leventhal's blog for some ideas (:

3) wraps -- you can really do whatever you want with these (: get the big romaine lettuce heads, blend up a sauce (again, could be savory or sweet/savory!) put your favorite veggies & fruits in, herbs, the dressing, wrap it up, and bon apatite! You could also throw some rice or potatoes in these to make them more filling. (These do take a bit of time to eat because you have to make a LOT of them before you're full - I normally go through a whole head worth of wraps. But they're so yummy and fun!)

4) soup -- perhaps a simple mango and tomato doesn't do it for you, but some savory green soups are ridiculously delicious! A friend of mine got me the book, "the green smoothie miracle" by Erica Palmcrantz Aziz for Christmas, and she has some really yummy, basically 811 friendly green soup recipes in her book. I'm actually making her green gazpacho recipe for lunch today! (:
Some of the soups in the book also make really good sauces for your raw pasta (: I definitely recommend the book if you need ideas on getting those greens in.

Those are the 4 dinner options I generally rotate through, and I feel extremely satisfied eating this way! In fact, I feel way more satisfied than I have eating any other way in the past!

Good luck! And peace (:

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service