Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

Hello Friends!

I'm waking up this am in a snowy winter wonderland this morning & it's beautiful! I know it's probably unimpressive to many of you who live in northern climates, but this our first big burst of winter weather in nearly 3 years! Schools are closed today, well, pretty much the whole city is closed at this point! 

Yesterday afternoon, as the storm was starting, I decided to make a video thanking many of you who took the time to watch my last video and to answer one of the more asked questions - What is going to happen to Raw Food Rehab?

For those of you who would like a fresh start and would like to come join my newest endeavor over at UpgradedEats.com, we would love to have you. It is a relaxed community space, where we are just taking things one day at a time and savoring every bite of life. It is a space for overall wellness and it is not a space of dietary dogmas or rigid rules. It is a place to explore getting back in touch with our own truth and to be empowered to live life straight from the heart.

Here is the donation link I mention in the video -http://bit.ly/1bEfbXy - to be part of my December community creations. Once a donation of any size is received, a confirmation and invitation link to join is sent your way.

I love you all and very much appreciate you watching!

xoxo - Penni

Views: 1039

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I adore you -- always have and always will!  I have REALLY struggled with eating raw in the long, cold, wet winters here in the Pacific Northwest.  What feels so right in the warmth of summer just feels wrong down to my bones in winter.  After years of beating myself up over this, I have decided to listen to my body.  See you on the other site.  :)

Thank you for the video Penni. I am (very) selfishly happy that RFR will not disappear, it is a too nice place to go to.

I also want to say that I don't eat meat but I will never call myself a vegetarian, I do not like labels either, and if I am invited to a dinner and the person has spent a long time cooking just for me and there is chicken, I will taste it and enjoy. I eat meat probably 4 times a year and it is OK for me.

Rules are good sometimes because discipline is good and healthy and makes life easier but being too rigid is hard on social  life.

Anyway looking forward to your new adventure and sharing it with everyone here!!!!

Have a good week-end everybody!!

Penni, do you have a bird?  My husband keeps whistling during your video and I can't tell what is him and what is coming from your home.  LOL  Anyway, love ya, be happy, live well, and it's always nice to see your bright shinning happy face.

jeena

You are the second person to ask about a bird, no and now I'm really wondering what that sound is. I'm not really hearing anything on this end. So weird! Thank you for watching!!!

june betts-wade said:

Penni, do you have a bird?  My husband keeps whistling during your video and I can't tell what is him and what is coming from your home.  LOL  Anyway, love ya, be happy, live well, and it's always nice to see your bright shinning happy face.

jeena

I don't hear a bird. Maybe you're hearing her heart singing.

p.s. Thanks for leaving FRF

Hahhhaaaa - so sweet! It is true xoxo

Kathleen Kelly said:

I don't hear a bird. Maybe you're hearing her heart singing.

p.s. Thanks for leaving FRF

oh yea. I heard the bird at 3:57

That is my notice sound when I get a text message on my phone!

Hi, Penni!  Another fantastic video.  I look forward to checking out UpgradedEats.com.  Sounds like it will be a great site to help continue my journey to a healthier life.  I don't like labeling myself because I am not 100% raw or 100% vegan or even 100% vegetarian.  I just want to eat the healthiest I can each and every day without all the guilt of not being 100% of anything.  

Penni, thank you for your honesty.  You are such an awesome person and such an inspiration to me and so many others.

Mystery solved :)

Penni said:

That is my notice sound when I get a text message on my phone!

To end this 'bird' issue, lets all sing:   "Bird, Bird, Bird, the Bird is the Word,  Everyone knows the bird is the word "       LOL

Awesome!!!!! :-) :-)  :-)   I haven't been on much for almost 2 years as I have been working on upgrading my life - including food that is optimal for me. I limit my time online, and it has been sent exploring other genres.   I have just been deleting the email from RFR unopened until I saw this one.  Something told me this was important, so I logged in and started watching.  If you could only see the smile that came over my face. 

I have done a lot of research and began adding cooked vegan, paleo, primal, etc.  Raw food is  the heart and soul of the real food I eat, but I add other things as needed to see if I can function better.  I have come to realize the past few months that I will always be flexing my eating plan throughout my life based on where I am at that particular moment, day, week or month.  Perhaps I will be 100% raw during a period of cleansing, then adding in animal products for 3 or 4 meals a week for building, or perhaps every meal when I am traveling.  I am striving for flexibility in my nutrition, body and mind.  My diet doesn't fit into any particular category other than simple, real food - not raw, or vegan, or primal, or paleo.  It ebbs and flows between all of these real food genres - real food is what it is all about knowing that an occasional blip into SAD won't kill me.  I had made peace with not fitting in any where but was excited to see I can fit in here.  I know those who want to stay 100% raw will be well served by Dara.   And I am hoping for those who choose to stay on that path, that what you have done will plant a small seed in them so that they could feel it is okay to make a change without guilt or regret should they need/want to in the future.  I truly believe it is a very healing way of eating that very few can maintain it for a lifetime like Dara, or Matt, or Angela.

Sorry my donation isn't larger, this is all I could afford right now.  This is the best Christmas present you could send everyone!

Sending love, blessings and inspiration your way!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2018   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service