Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

Raw dips and nut patés are some of the easiest and most delicious things to help transition people into a higher raw diet. Please add you favorite recipes in the section below:

Views: 5231

Replies to This Discussion

Pepita Pate (my own recipe :)

All ingredients raw/organic. Natch!

2 c. pepitas, soaked
1 c. carrot top greens (these taste like a cross between parsley and dill)
1/2 c. tahini
1 whole lime, peeled and seeded
2 cloves garlic
1/2 t. sea salt, celtic salt, whatevah (or to your taste. Omit if your tahini has added salt.)

Place all ingredients in a food processor with the S-blade and process until a thick pate develops. That's it!

(note for using the carrot tops: it is best to use just the delicate, lacy leaves off the woodier stems and discard the stems. I do this with cilantro too, and I think it comes out better.)

Bon Appetit!
This is the best pate I have ever had!

It is from Dee from Rawlious and she got it from someone else but can't remember who!

Walnut pate recipe

1 cup Pecans

½ cup Walnuts

¼ cup Red Bell Pepper, diced

¼ cup Onion, diced

1 clove Garlic, minced

1 cup Crimini Mushrooms, diced

1 tsp Ground Cumin

½ tsp Ground Coriander

1 tsp Sea Salt

1 Tbsp Olive Oil

½ Serrano Chili, deseeded and diced

Process the nuts in a blender until finely chopped meal. Transfer to a bowl and stir in

the remaining ingredients. Mix well using a fork. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator

for 1 our to enhance the flavors.
Hey Marsha D. No you do not have to soak the pecans or walnuts. I hope you make it and let me know what you think! Jane

Marsha D. said:
do you have to soak and dehydrate the nuts first?

jane saracino said:
This is the best pate I have ever had!

I got this recipe from www.tastyandmeatless.com

Raw Nut Pate

1 cup cashew nuts, unsoaked
1/2 cup almonds, unsoaked
1/2 onion
1 tablespoon Bragg's liquid aminos
1/2 red bell pepper
12 leaves of fresh basil
1/4 cup water

Soak the nuts in water for 45 minutes to one hour, until the cashews become soft and crumbly and the almonds plump up. Slice the onion, put in a small bowl and cover it with Bragg's liquid aminos. Let the onions marinate for 30 minutes. This softens the onion and adds a salty flavor to the pate. After the soaking time for the nuts is finished, drain the water and add the soaked nuts to a blender or food processor with all the rest of the ingredients. When adding the onions, also pour in about 1 Tablespoon of the Bragg’s Liquid Aminos for flavor. Use the slow speed to blend so that the mixture does not liquefy. Stop the blender, look at the consistency, if necessary, use a spatula to scrape the ingredients from the side of the blender, and add more water if needed to blend until everything is an even texture. If doing this in the blender, the pate might be more liquid and you can refrigerate it to get it to firm up.

Posted by Betty Scott

I made this incredible dip today!  I made it to dip some kale in, and dehydrate to make kale chips, but it is so good, that I used it to dip veggies in, and when my crackers are done tomorrow, it will be a spread..lol

These measurements aren't exact, as I was just throwing things in the food processor...

About a half cup of soaked cashews

one avacodo

minced garlic... about a teaspoon... more or less to taste.

1/2  of a zucchini

a couple of shakes of organic cayenne pepper powder

onion powder 

sea salt... to taste

1 tsp of olive oil

about 1/2 cup of water... to get a smooth, creamy texture, but not runny.

Mix well in the food processor

Real Raw Hummus

I really wish I had a photo of this, but this is my favorite hummus recipe ever, even if I were not raw. I made it first years ago when I flirted with raw for 6 weeks and it was a staple for me. The recipe is from the site GoneRaw and the gentleman who posted it is actually from Palestine and said he was looking for an authentic recipe and came up with this. It's truly amazing even if it is time a bit time consuming. The recipe was lost during the revamp of the website and I was afraid it was lost forever, but someone posted it again in a thread called recipes lost in cyberspace. I was so thrilled to see it back.

Ingredients
1 cup chickpeas
1 cup whole sesame seeds
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 lemons
3 cloves garlic
3 medium dates (or one big madjool)
1 slice jalapeno (about half a thumb)
1 teaspoon celtic sea salt

Preparation

the evening before
chickpeas can drink a lot – so don’t be cheap on the water… put them in a big bowl with 5 cups of water at least.

the next morning
(or 12 hours later at least). the sesame don’t swell as much – soak them in a different bowl with 3 cups of water. drain the chickpeas and place on a strainer to sprout.

in the evening
(up to 12 hours later, i find that chickpeas taste best when they are minimally sprouted) we are now going to mush it all!! fun!! prepare all the ingredients first for suspense. pit the dates peel the garlic strain the sesame seeds

the electricity-free route
juice the 2 lemons cut the pepper real small mush the garlic and dates in garlic press grind the celtic sea salt in a mortar and pestle using a manual metal flour grinder (not a meat grinder – but more like the corn grinders they use in mexico to make tortillas, you can but these on the next for less than $50 and in mexico for cheaper) – grind the soaked sesame and the sprouted chickpeas to a paste. mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth and consistent.

the electricity-dependent route
(use vitamix or other good blender) peel and depit the lemons put all ingredients except chickpeas in blender blend with tamper until smooth empty almost the whole paste into a bowl (you now have excellent tahini paste!) put chickpeas in, blend with tamper until smooth. empty into bowl. mix all ingredients in a bowl until consistent.

how to serve
the hummus goes best with “pita bread” of raw foodists: that is GREENS! we choose to go out into the wild with a container full of hummus, find the biggest mallow leaves, and wipe the hummus clean with them. it also goes very well on a platter of leaves… collards, kale, spinach, with cukes and tomatoes and carrots too.

Raw Green Pea and Almond Dip

• 1 cup organic green peas
  • ½ cup raw almonds soaked and dehydrated
  • 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
  • 3 Tbsp filtered water or more for desired consistency
  • 3 tsp fresh lime juice (1- 2 limes)
  • 1/3 cup fresh cilantro / coriander
  • 1/4 tsp fine Celtic sea salt
  • freshly ground pepper to taste
  1. Put the almonds into your food processor until rustically chopped.
  2. Mix in the remaining ingredients until you get a nice thick consistency. You might to add a bit more water. I keep it pretty chunky and rough.
  3. Add in more lime juice, ginger and seasoning to taste. I like mine with quite a bit of kick so I tend to be a bit more heavy handed with the ginger, lime juice and sea salt.
Slather on crackers, serve with veggies chips, or top raw tacos.

Creamy Raw Vegan Cashew Dip

• 1 cup raw cashews soaked for at least 4 hours
  • ½ tsp lemon juice
  • ½ tsp fine Celtic sea salt
  • one piece of chopped fresh ginger – about 1.5cm piece
  • 1 hot green chili – seeds and placental skin removed to get rid of the extreme heat
  • 4 Tbsp filtered water, or more for desired consistency
  • 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro/coriander chopped
  1. Put all of the ingredients except the cilantro and water into a food processor (to maintain a chunky consistency) and pulse.
  2. If you add the cilantro into the food processor the mixture will turn green.
  3. Gradually add in the filtered water to achieve the desired consistency. A thick creamy dip requires only a little water. Pulse and open to scrape the sides of the carriage in order to mix thoroughly. I continually taste as I pulse, to get just the right blend of flavors.  I often keep adding salt, ginger and lemon juice until I get it just right!
  4. Once reached desired consistency gently mix in chopped cilantro/coriander.

Big Kahuna Veggie  Tuna

Adapted from "30 Days @ Delights of the Garden" by Imar hutchins

This recipe uses the pulp from juicing carrots and is delicious. 

5 pounds of carrots

2 stalks of celery, chopped

1 bell pepper, chopped

1 small red onion, diced

1/2 cup Eggless Mayonnaise

2 tsp. sea salt or salt substitute ( I didn't use any)

2 tsp spirulina*

2 Tbsp. wakame seaweed flakes*

* I didn't have these on hand and instead threw in a small handful of dulse flakes.

Juice the the carrots, reserving the pulp.  Enjoy the juice anyway you like; you don't need it for this recipe.  Next, finely chop all vegetable and combine them with the carrot pulp in a large mixing bowl.  Now knead the eggless mayonnaise into the pulp mixture, followed by the sea salt, spirulina and wakame.

Serves 4-6

Raw Guac with Artichokes and Cucumbers

1 avocado meat

2 roma tomatoes cut into chunks

handful of sunflower seeds preferrably soaked

handful of fresh basil leaves

3 scallions cut into chunks

Using Magic Bullet pulse, open lid, scrape and stir and repeat. Goal thick guacamole consistency. Pour into serving bowls.

Slice up cucumbers for dipping. Slice artichokes in half for dipping. Add raw flax crackers for dipping.

No Tahini Houmus

My version has no avocado, no sesame, no nuts, no tahini, no sprouted grains

1 zucchini

1 small bunch of parsley, if available

Juice of 1 lemon

4 Tbsp mild vinegar

1 Tbsp minced ginger

¼ cup cold pressed organic extra virgin olive oil

2 teaspoons sea salt

2 teaspoon cumin

1 teaspoons paprika

Place parsley and garlic in food processor first, then add in zucchini. Add in all other ingredients except olive oil.  When mixture starts to smoothe, add olive oil last in in slow stream until smooth and creamy.

“Just Gotta Have Chicken Salad”!

1 ½ cups almonds, soaked overnight and rinsed several times

Parsley (your preference)

Small bunch of Scallions

Half a red bell pepper (that’s all I had left but you could use more)

1-2 small red chili peppers (your preference)

Half a carrot

Half a stalk of celery

Sea salt and black pepper

¼ cup olive oil

I added in all my favourite ingredients that I like in my chicken salads. You can change the vegetables and adapt to your own family recipe.  

Add all into a food processor, Add in the olive oil last in a steady stream while processor is running. This way you can also control how much oil you add in to the mixture. 

In my opinion, this tasted an awful lot like my chicken salads.

Love, Tulip

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service