Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

I have heard many accomplished raw food chefs teach that one of the best ways to introduce people to raw foods is by exposing them to the desserts first. I would have to agree because raw desserts can be the most amazing guiltless pleasures in this life!

Please post your favorite raw desserts here, along with the source from which they came. Photos would be much appreciated....this is one of our best opportunities to post eye candy!!

Views: 20152

Replies to This Discussion

I bought a ice cream maker the other day and just had to use it..lol...

Simple and Vanilla Raw Ice Cream

2 cups raw cashews (whole or pieces, unsoaked)
2 cups of purified water
1/4 cup Maple syrup
1/2 cup raw agave nectar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Optional: 1/4 vanilla bean, ground to a powder in a coffee grinder

Directions:

Put the cashews, water, maple syrup, agave nectar, and vanilla extract in your high-speed blender.
Start blending on low until everything mixes, then turn up to high for about one minute. Make sure your mixture is really smooth.
Once complete, taste test. Add more sweetener or vanilla extract to taste.
Pour your mixture into your Tupperware container (use spatula to scrape all of that liquid goodness), put the lid on, and put it in the freezer for about an hour. You want your mixture to be well-chilled, not frozen.

Take your mixture out of the freezer and pour it into your mixing bowl.
Take the ice cream maker's freezing bowl out of the freezer and put it into your ice cream maker per the manufacturer's directions. Put the ice cream maker's lid and other stuff together per manufacturer's instructions.
Turn it on.
Slowly pour your mixture into the ice cream maker while it is spinning. You can use your spatula to scrape the rest in.
Now just let it do it's magic for about 20 or 30 minutes.

Make sure to watch it after about 15 minutes to see where it's at. Depending on how well frozen the bowl is and how well-chilled your mixture is, it may take shorter or longer. You will know the ice cream is done when it is starting to solidify. A very good indicator that it's done is when you hear your ice cream maker starting to slow down.

Turn off your ice cream maker. The ice cream should be like soft serve at this point. If you can't wait, you can eat some of it like this now, but make sure to save some for later!

Take your freezing bowl and scrape out the mixture with your spatula into your Tupperware container.

Important: Do not use anything metal, like a spoon, in your freezing bowl. This will cause permanent damage to the bowl. That is why the silicone spatula or other non-metal spoon is important.

Put the Tupperware container (with lid on) in the freezer. It will harden to perfection in a few hours or overnight. We have found that 8-10 hours is a good time to serve the ice cream.

You will notice that after freezing for 24 hours, the ice cream will be very hard, much harder than normal dairy ice cream. This is normal.
i am posting a few recipes from my upcoming book "raw delights"
this is one that i have not released and i would really appreciate if
it did not go outside these rehab walls, please.
consider it a gift to my friends and companions here at rfr xo
thank you for respecting my wishes.
and enjoy!
xo
snowdrop

Harvest Apple Crisp

A very easy recipe that is very fast to put together. Just warm it up and enjoy!

Ingredients:

Apple mixture:
3 Apples (cored peeled and thinly sliced)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
1 tablespoon Agave Nectar

Crumble Topping:
1/4 cup Walnuts
1/4 cup Almonds
1/4 cup Oats flaked
1/4 cup Coconut flaked
1 tablespoon Mesquite meal
1 tablespoon ground Golden Flax
1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
1 pinch Sea Salt

Directions:
1. Peel and core your apples.
2. Slice thinly.
3. Toss apple slices with agave and cinnamon and set aside
4. For the topping, pulse all the topping ingredients in mini food processor until all pieces small and crumbly.
5. Put apple mixture in a glass dish, then add crumbles on top, distributing evenly.
6. Place dish in dehydrator at 115 for 1-2 hours (or longer if a softer fruit result is desired) for a nice warm dish of fall deliciousness.

Caramel Dream Bar Brownies
As found on goneraw.com

Makes one 8x8 square pan

This is a truly delicious, fun, easy dessert that looks like you’ve been in the kitchen for hours!
Ingredients

* CRUST
* 2 cups Almonds, soaked overnight
* 1 cup Dates
* ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
* dash Salt
* CARAMEL LAYER
* ½ cup Almond Butter
* ½ cup Coconut Oil
* ¼ cup Coconut Butter
* ½ cup Agave
* 1 tablespoon Vanilla
* dash Salt

Preparation

To form crust, process almonds, dates, cocoa powder, and salt in food processor. Press into glass pan. To form caramel layer, process almond butter, agave, and coconut butter in food processor until smoothe. Spread on top of crust layer. Top immediately with dried shredded coconut and cacoa nibs, pressing them into the caramel layer so they stick. I pressed mine into a square 8×8 glass dish so I would get uniform square bite size brownies. Freeze until ready for serving.

Delight-full Chocolate Orange Cake
from raw freedom community
Makes one 7 " cake

Crust Variation 1
3/4 cup well packed soft dates, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla
Pinch salt
1 1/2 cup ground almonds or loosely packed left-over pulp from making milk
1/2 cup dried coconut
1/2 cup cashews

Place dates in food processor and process until a smooth paste forms. You may need to add a little water.

Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.

If using ground almonds instead of wet almond pulp, you might want to add a couple of teaspoons of water for moisture.

Crust Variation 2
1/2 cup brazil nuts
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 tablespoon cacao or carob powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 medjhool dates
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1-2 tablespoons cacao nibs (optional)

Process first 7 ingredients in a food processor until fine. Add agave and cacao nibs (if using) and process some more until the mixture just starts to stick together.

Orange & White Chocolate Filling
1 1/4 cups orange juice
1 1/4 cups cashews, soaked
1/4 cup agave
2 tbs vanilla
1 tbs orange zest
1 tbs + 1 tsp lecithin powder
1/4 cup + 1 tbs cacao butter

Blend all ingredients except lecithin and cacao butter until smooth. Add these and blend some more until well mixed. Put mixture in the fridge to set (see notes).

Chocolate Filling
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup agave nectar
3 tbs cacao powder
2 tbs vanilla
Pinch of salt
2 tsp lecithin powder*
1/4 cup cacao butter
*Lecithin is derived from soybeans and acts as an emulsifier. Look for lecithin (preferably non-GMO), in granules or powdered form, at your local HFS. If using granules, make sure to grind them up in a high speed blender of coffee grinder.

Blend all ingredients except lecithin and cacao butter until smooth. Add these and blend some more until well mixed. Put in the freezer to set.

To Assemble
Press your crust of choice into the bottom of the springform pan.

Pour half of the White Chocolate Orange mixture on top and set in the freezer for about an hour.

Top with the Chocolate layer and return to the freezer.

Once set, pour the rest of the Chocolate Orange layer and return to freezer until ready to serve.

Decorate with dried coconut and gogi berries ground up in coffee grinder, cacao nibs and orange filets.

Close your eyes and enjoy in good company!

Carmella's Notes:
~ The different layers of this cake can be prepared quickly, but you do want to start preparing this several hours ahead to allow enough time for the different layers to set during the assembly process. (I began around noonish in order to serve it that evening.)

~ I used the cake recipe for my Strawberry Shortcake as the first layer, but I think it would be also fabulous with a chocolate coconut crust. Take your pick!

~ You'll notice that the Orange & White Chocolate Filling is firmer than the Dark Chocolate Filling at first. I recommend keeping it in the fridge until ready to assemble the final layer for easier spreading.

Truffle Cookies/Almond Joy Drops Submitted by iliveyourdream on September 20, 2009 - 10:43pmdessert holiday

Servings: Dozen cookies!
Super Tasty, super easy versatile cookies that you can do absolutely anything with. Get creative and anything that strikes your fancy!

Ingredients:
1 Cup Raw Almond Butter
1/2 cup Agave or Raw Honey
1tbs. Culinary quality Vanilla extract (free from preservatives and glycerin)
Himalayan Sea Salt

Approx 1 cup of Almond, Walnut or Pecan flour (Simply grind chosen nut in coffee grinder)

Variations for the nut flour:
Coconut shavings
Raw Cocoa Powder

Preparation:
Simply combine Almond butter, Agave, Vanilla and salt to make a basic batter. Feel free to add anything beyond that such as raisins, Lemon zest, 1/4 cup cocoa powder ect.

Place the 'flour' in a small bowl or plate.

Proceed to place spoonfuls of dough into the flour, coconut shavings, cocoa powder ect.. and roll around to ensure all the outside layers are evenly coated. Place on a plate lined with wax paper (I feel it helps prevent freezer burn) and place in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes or until they are firm.

Eat and enjoy.

Takes approximately 10 minutes! to prepare!
This and other recipes on :
http://goneraw.com/recipe/truffle-cookiesalmond-joy-drops
Vanilla Bean Mousse, Candied Oranges, & Maple Spiced Pecans

From Julie's Raw Ambition

Vanilla bean mousse:
2 heaping cups fresh young coconut meat
*1 cup Irish moss purée
3/4 cup coconut water
3/4 cup agave nectar
1 tbsp coconut butter
2 vanilla beans, seeds only
1/8 tsp sea salt
Process all ingredients in a high-speed blender until very smooth. Divide into 4 dessert dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Candied Oranges:
2 medium-sized oranges (such as Valencia or navel), seeds removed, cut into 1/2″ to 3/4″ cubes
2 tbs dried, shredded, unsweetened coconut
1 tbs agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla powder
pinch of sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, coating the oranges well. Spread on lined dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 110 degrees for 4 to 6 hours, or until the oranges are slightly chewy and the coconut is crusty.

Maple-Spiced Pecans:
1 cup soaked pecans
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of cayenne
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until the pecans are well coated. Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Spread on lined dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 110 degrees for 4 to 6 hours. Coarsely chop and sprinkle on top of vanilla mousse.

*Prepare the Irish moss:
In a colander, rinse Irish moss thoroughly and then place in a large bowl. Cover with water and soak for 24-48 hours in the refrigerator. Rinse and change the water at least twice a day to remove excess debris. The moss is ready when it turns milky white and has doubled in size. In a high speed blender or food processor, blend the moss and its soaking liquid until smooth. Strain through a sieve to remove any tiny particles and store in refrigerator. The purée can be stored for up to 3 weeks in an air-tight container.
Mince Pies
recipe by russell james

Yields 10 – 12 pies

Equipment: Food processor; dehydrator, high-speed blender.

For the crust

2c cashews
1c raw oat flour*
1/4c agave nectar
2T water
3T lemon juice
Pinch salt

• Grind all ingredients in a food processor until thoroughly mixed.

• Press the mixture into a tart/muffin tray that has been lined in Clingfilm (plastic wrap) and dehydrate at 105 degrees F for 2-3 hours.

• Remove the crusts from the cases and dehydrate out of the case for a further 8+ hours, on the mesh dehydrator sheet.

*Raw out flour is made by milling raw oats in a coffee grinder or high-speed blender. If you don’t have raw oats available and you don’t mind using oats that have been steamed to preserve shelf life, then non-raw oats will also work.

For the filling

1 1/2c soft dates, stones and flowers removed
1/2c orange juice
2 apples, chopped small
1 1/2t mixed spice
1c raisins, roughly chopped
Pinch salt

• Grind all ingredients except the apple and raisins until they form a paste.

• Add in the apple and raisins and process for a further 5 – 10 seconds until fully combined.

• Fill each of the cases with a little of the mixture then top with the cashew icing and a pinch of the nutmeg.

For the cashew Icing

1 1/2c cashews
1T lemon juice
Pinch salt
3T coconut oil
1/4c agave
1/2c water

• Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until completely smooth.

To garnish

Pinch nutmeg
Hi Snowdrop ... I made these last year after taking a teleclass with Russell (minus the cashew cream). Here is a picture of the result. I had to restrain myself from eating the whole plate ... they are devine !! and other guests at our Xmas dinner thought so too.

Christine
Attachments:
Raisin Walnut Cookies

This is a new favorite at our house...great for a snack with a cup tea or dessert. These are great for traveling...I ate them on the airplane.

1/2 cup to 2/3 cup dates
2 apples (I prefer Gala) in big pieces or slices
3 medium ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups soaked raw sunflower seeds
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts

Place dates in food processor and process. Add apples and bananas and mix until batter like. Mix in vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in sunflower seeds half at a time and process well. Pour mixture into a bowl and mix in raisins and walnuts.
Place tablespoonfuls of cookie batter on teflex sheets and dehydrate for 8 hours at 105 degrees.
Remove cookies from teflex sheets and place on dehydrator racks and dehydrate for another 6 - 8 hours until the centers are to consistency you like.

Store in airtight container. Super easy and so good!

Creamy Coconut Fruit Pie

Crust: in food processor blend equal parts of almonds and unsweetened dried coconut with agave nectar to sweeten and a pinch of sea salt. Press into pie plate.

Filling
2 large peaches, skinned
2 TB vanilla
1 1/2 cups cashews, finely ground
3-4 heaping TB coconut oil
1/3 cup fresh crushed pineapple, more if desired
1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
To taste:
cinnamon
ginger
cardamom
small amount of water to help blend

Blend the pie filling ingredients in high-speed blender until smooth.
Pour pie filling into crust and cover.

Refrigerate until filling sets.
Prior to serving pie, put a small amount of raw honey or agave on each plate, take a pie slice and carefully turn it over onto the honey.
Garnish with raw honey or agave and cinnamon.
Eva's super-easy Fig-Creme

4 soaked dried figs
1 avocado

blend. add water as required to obtain a deliciously smooth, creamy creme-dessert.

Can be frozen, too :-)

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service