Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

I have heard many accomplished raw food chefs teach that one of the best ways to introduce people to raw foods is by exposing them to the desserts first. I would have to agree because raw desserts can be the most amazing guiltless pleasures in this life!

Please post your favorite raw desserts here, along with the source from which they came. Photos would be much appreciated....this is one of our best opportunities to post eye candy!!

Views: 20730

Replies to This Discussion

With my new wonderful raw cookbooks i found a 'cookie' recipe to try and added my own twist! They are super easy and taste a little like traditional shortbread and can be made into cookies or even used as a crust for a raw pie (my next food for thought) :)

Apricot Eye 'Shortbread' Cookies - Raw

Ingredients

2 cups raw walnuts

1 cup shredded coconut

1/4 cup raw honey

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

pinch of salt

3-4 dried apricots chopped

Place all ingredients except the apricots into a food processor and process until combined (around 45 seconds).

Roll into small balls and flatten to make your cookies. Add a piece of chopped apricot on top and enjoy!

These can be stored in the fridge or freezer and can last around a month, i like their texture in the freezer which also makes them perfect for summer :)

It seems I have developed an allergy to dates, at least I'm pretty certain that's where the itching is stemming from. I'm looking for suggestions on a good substitute, other than raisins. Raisins have a distinct flavor nothing like the caramel like flavor I get from my beloved medjool dates. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated :)

from our community supported recipe supplement Go FRESH:

Raw Lavender Cannoli

For the cannoli shell:
1 cup almonds
½ cup figs (or dates)
¼ cup raw honey
1 tablespoon spring water
½ teaspoon edible lavender flowers
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest

Combine all ingredients in a food processor & mix to a crust consistency. Once processed, on non-stick lined dehydrator trays, press crust into flat, thin, diamond shapes about 4-5 inches wide. Dehydrate at 115 degrees F until nearly dry but still pliable (about an hour).

For the filling:
1 ½ cup macadamia nuts
1/3 cup lemon juice (or more if you prefer it extra tangy)
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup raw honey 
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest

Process all ingredients in a blender & chill for at least one hour. while the shells are dehydrating. 

Add the filling to the center of the each finished shell & fold diamond the pointed edges over the middle to cover. Enjoy!

Mr Mousse

http://ascensionkitchen.com/mr-mousse/

Raw avocado chocolate mousse in two minutes flat:

Mr Mousse:

Serves 2

1 medium, soft avocado
2 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons of 100% pure maple syrup (or agave)
2 medjool dates, softened in warm water
1 pinch of flaky sea salt
¾ cup of hemp milk (or any other plant based milk)

Blend.

Decorate with cacao nibs and lots of mixed berries.

Devour.

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

Blog Posts

I'm back, and desperate for healing...

Posted by Silmiriel on February 16, 2017 at 12:53pm 5 Comments

So, back after 3 years :)

Posted by Winterdrop on January 22, 2017 at 9:23am 1 Comment

Water fast

Posted by nancy Mahardy on May 24, 2016 at 10:06pm 0 Comments

Back on a juice feast day 5