Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

Anyone practicing Yoga? Whatever yoga you practice, Hatha - Iyengar - Ashtanga - Bikram - Kundalini - Kashmiri - Power Kripalu - Viniyoga - Sivananda - Integral. Tell us what you gain from the practice. What problems you have with the poses, breathing, teachers or classes. How often do you practice? Do you attend classes or do practice at home? Anything Yoga!

Views: 509

Replies to This Discussion

Trust yourself!

Michele Chaplin said:
I practice Ashtanga and sooo luv it....I try to get in 3 classes a week at a studio but hard sometimes to get out while homeschooling 3 kids ....

I would love to get into a Cobra or pigeon but I do not know if its a lack of strength or a lack of trust
I hear ya about pinching pennies and budget watching. A number of yoga studios in my neck of the woods offer a week of FREE classes periodically when they're gearing up for the start of another session to begin. One of my fave studios offers a $5.00 drop in fee, provided you try a NEW teacher. Nice way to sample classes and teaching styles. Keep your eyes (and ears) open for similar deals in your area.

Ronda S ..aka.. pixelkatt said:
I would love to find a Yoga class that I like and that is affordable. Money is super tight right now so we really have to watch our pennies.. and I'd rather spend the extras on my raw food and veggies than yoga though.
Idon't know if you have Temples near you, the ones here ask for a donation of love (what you can afford)
Our teacher lets the young girls starting out for like 3-5 dollars. She is aware of the financial strains and really is doing this because she loves yoga and teaching. We like when the young ones come in, they brighten the room and everyone likes to see new faces.

Earth Mother said:
I hear ya about pinching pennies and budget watching. A number of yoga studios in my neck of the woods offer a week of FREE classes periodically when they're gearing up for the start of another session to begin. One of my fave studios offers a $5.00 drop in fee, provided you try a NEW teacher. Nice way to sample classes and teaching styles. Keep your eyes (and ears) open for similar deals in your area.

Ronda S ..aka.. pixelkatt said:
I would love to find a Yoga class that I like and that is affordable. Money is super tight right now so we really have to watch our pennies.. and I'd rather spend the extras on my raw food and veggies than yoga though.
Monday is yoga class. We are going to hopefully have one or two new young girls. It is going to be nice to see new faces. I really need the class tonite.
I used to take Hapkido, a martial art, but had to give it up at least temporarly. Schedule conflict. I then tried Hatha yoga for a few months. I like it, but want a style that will have me moving more. I am trying out a hot yoga class that is at a studio about 20 min from my house. I'll let you all know how I like it. I still do the routine from my hatha class at home a few times a week. It is very relaxing and is good for the body as well as the mind.
Let me know how you like the hot yoga. Would be a treat to do here in the middle of winter.

Lynn said:
I used to take Hapkido, a martial art, but had to give it up at least temporarly. Schedule conflict. I then tried Hatha yoga for a few months. I like it, but want a style that will have me moving more. I am trying out a hot yoga class that is at a studio about 20 min from my house. I'll let you all know how I like it. I still do the routine from my hatha class at home a few times a week. It is very relaxing and is good for the body as well as the mind.
Attended 2nd Hatha class Monday. I'm still practically stiff as a board esp in my wrists. So going up into table position is a no go. If I could turn my wrists out I might be able to do it. I had stiff wrists even as a child; my piano teacher commented on it and would tell me to practice pushing back my hands to increase flexibility. Did any of you start out really stiff and eventually loosen up? I know it's early for me... just wondering.
Oh, Robin, that will end. I thought my wrists would never stop hurting. Now, I can stay in neutral spine, downdog, and plank, no problem, The flexiblity will come. Practice at home if you can, for just as long as you can. You will be fine. Remember that yoga is about only what YOU can do.

Robin said:
Attended 2nd Hatha class Monday. I'm still practically stiff as a board esp in my wrists. So going up into table position is a no go. If I could turn my wrists out I might be able to do it. I had stiff wrists even as a child; my piano teacher commented on it and would tell me to practice pushing back my hands to increase flexibility. Did any of you start out really stiff and eventually loosen up? I know it's early for me... just wondering.
That's good to hear! I was the youngest and I'm 48, but I'm the only one who can't go into table position. So I was kind of frustrated.

Linda Ann said:
Oh, Robin, that will end. I thought my wrists would never stop hurting. Now, I can stay in neutral spine, downdog, and plank, no problem, The flexiblity will come. Practice at home if you can, for just as long as you can. You will be fine. Remember that yoga is about only what YOU can do.

Robin said:
Oh, that used to hurt my back really bad. I guess Robin, what I try to do is keep the breath flowing. I blows me away that you were the youngest. Our oldest is in her 70's and the youngest is girls my daughter Rachel's age 21 or so. What is neat is that the young girls are using yoga to help with the stress of work and school. I think it is wonderful, that they learn to respect their bodies, by treating them to yoga. Keep going to yoga, you will be amazed at yourself in a few weeks. There is a really good book by Rodney Yee ( I love him)
http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Toward-Balance-Weeks-Rodney/dp/0875969...
Use Penni's amazon link to order.

Robin said:
That's good to hear! I was the youngest and I'm 48, but I'm the only one who can't go into table position. So I was kind of frustrated.

Linda Ann said:

Robin said:
That looks like a really good book (looked inside at Amazon). Have you found that yoga has opened you up more spiritually?

Linda Ann said:
Oh, that used to hurt my back really bad. I guess Robin, what I try to do is keep the breath flowing. I blows me away that you were the youngest. Our oldest is in her 70's and the youngest is girls my daughter Rachel's age 21 or so. What is neat is that the young girls are using yoga to help with the stress of work and school. I think it is wonderful, that they learn to respect their bodies, by treating them to yoga. Keep going to yoga, you will be amazed at yourself in a few weeks. There is a really good book by Rodney Yee ( I love him)
http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Toward-Balance-Weeks-Rodney/dp/0875969...
Use Penni's amazon link to order.

Robin said:

Linda Ann said:

Robin said:
I do astanga 2 times a week in a class setting. I have good intentions of home practice, but I never quite follow through.

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

Blog Posts

I'm back, and desperate for healing...

Posted by Silmiriel on February 16, 2017 at 12:53pm 5 Comments

So, back after 3 years :)

Posted by Winterdrop on January 22, 2017 at 9:23am 1 Comment

Water fast

Posted by nancy Mahardy on May 24, 2016 at 10:06pm 0 Comments

Back on a juice feast day 5

Posted by Roman G. on May 11, 2016 at 3:35pm 1 Comment