Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

Hello My Loves....

Can you believe we're standing at the door of 2016? Those of you who've known me, get it that I love me some FRESH-start action!! Anybody else REALLY ready to launch off into the new year that's chocked full of promise & possibilities?!

Today I'm looking for some feedback from my peeps.

As many of you may or may not know, I was VERY involved in creating health & wellness programs/initiatives here at Raw Food Rehab, (which will officially become Real Food Rehab in 2016) since 2009.

In the process of that, I created a TON of digital content, which included over 25 eBooks. I honestly can't believe that looking back, but it happened. It was a seriously good (manic) time of creation and good eats!

So..... as I write today, I'm selfishly considering creating a new compilation eBook, just in time to help us get 2016 off to THE BEST START EVER. 

This would be a "Best Of" collection - a place for all the top recipes to be in one place. Juices, smoothies, soups, salads, entrees, desserts, (all plant-based, including cooked & raw, because that's the way I roll), along with a heapin' helpin' of Penni-inspiration & learned wisdom to help you get back on track if you've lost your way or are just looking for a shot in the arm of real food goodness slathered in sooooo much love.

I am currently creating PENNISHELTON.COM, which will become my main web presence and it will link to our Real Food Rehab community.

I've learned SO MUCH over the past decade and I've gone through a significant personal metamorphosis in the process. I'm pretty sure that process will never be complete, so I'm just enjoying the ride! My heart's desire is to focus my energy on what I believe to be my true calling and gifting: personal development, empowerment & transformation. I'm super stoked about new program creation and serving one-on-one empowerment coaching clients in 2016 (more details on that to come).

BUT before I get too far ahead of myself, I'm feeling it would be of great benefit to create ONE "go-to" book/manual showcasing some of the most elevated eats that can support us on our journey of being our best, highest selves, but that don't have us spending ridiculous amounts of time in our kitchen. I am certain we have more important things we could be doing with our time.

Before I do this, I want to hear your thoughts, ideas, interest, etc. Is this something you'd be interested in? I'd also be super interested to know what your diet is like now, what it includes, excludes, and how you'd like to shift that, if you do. Seriously - I'm all ears (and eyeballs)......

Love you very much & I'm wishing you the very best as we are rapidly approaching 2016!

xoxo - Penni

Views: 753

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GGGG is in 'da house and so am I! (veganforlifelucy) or in Facebookville, which I don't travel too very often, I'm known as - Gemusefurdasleben!

This is screaming for me, how about you?

Go Go Green Grannie <3 <3 <3 said:

Muah, Muah, Muah.....Love you raw, cooked, quick, simple, in a video & in a pic.....but I don't eat green eggs & ham.....will these recipes be vegan? (or vegetarian)

It was you my dear lovely Penni who helped bring it all together and made it simple for me to go raw.
No matter what you do you will always have followers, because you are gifted to break things down making it easier for others. Looking forward to mire of you and your book.

GGGG is back
Hahaha Gemuse hugs

Vegan♥for♥Life said:

GGGG is in 'da house and so am I! (veganforlifelucy) or in Facebookville, which I don't travel too very often, I'm known as - Gemusefurdasleben!

This is screaming for me, how about you?

Go Go Green Grannie <3 <3 <3 said:

Muah, Muah, Muah.....Love you raw, cooked, quick, simple, in a video & in a pic.....but I don't eat green eggs & ham.....will these recipes be vegan? (or vegetarian)

It was you my dear lovely Penni who helped bring it all together and made it simple for me to go raw.
No matter what you do you will always have followers, because you are gifted to break things down making it easier for others. Looking forward to mire of you and your book.

GGGG is back
Difficult task to get all desires into one resource: lose weight/gain weight, north/south/Europe/Asia ingredient resources, Paleo/vegan/raw diets. Maybe go for regional eBooks. Need to address latest science on all life is controlled by the little critters: bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi-- especially in gut.

Hi Penni, 

I love to be a member of this beautiful community. Very excited to be part of your new project . Can't wait. Good Luck !! Love you .

I'm so thrilled that all of you amazing people have logged in to share your comments and suggestions!  And it's true, there has not been in any real interaction here as I have not been creating content for over 2 years. I've been working a full-time job which has been pretty wonderful, but demanding.  I've also been working through my own diet evolution, which is only partially raw these days. That's why changing the name to REAL FOOD Rehab resonates so much to me.

I was also so severely attacked and shamed on the internet when I shared that I had added some animal protein back into my diet after my father's death 3 years ago that I just lost heart. I could not believe that I had so many people literally HATING me publicly, and I received 2 death threats from a couple of disturbed vegans in Australia. I ended up deleting my very large Facebook profile that had 5,000 friends and over 30K people following me. I just didn't care anymore. It is a diet, not a religion.

All of that will be part of what I share when I start making videos again this coming week. My last day of my job is TOMORROW! So exciting.

I love each of you - NO MATTER what you are currently eating. I will NEVER be your food police and will not tolerate anything like to happen in this community. I am here to be a light shiner, a love bringer and a day maker. More fruits & veggie for the win!!!

WOW! I'm so sorry to hear that you had to experience something like that. How bizarre! This is your journey. How you fuel your body is solely your own business and should not be judged. I liked that about the 'hab; no judgement ever took place that I was aware of.

Looking forward to this next adventure!

Penni said:

I'm so thrilled that all of you amazing people have logged in to share your comments and suggestions!  And it's true, there has not been in any real interaction here as I have not been creating content for over 2 years. I've been working a full-time job which has been pretty wonderful, but demanding.  I've also been working through my own diet evolution, which is only partially raw these days. That's why changing the name to REAL FOOD Rehab resonates so much to me.

I was also so severely attacked and shamed on the internet when I shared that I had added some animal protein back into my diet after my father's death 3 years ago that I just lost heart. I could not believe that I had so many people literally HATING me publicly, and I received 2 death threats from a couple of disturbed vegans in Australia. I ended up deleting my very large Facebook profile that had 5,000 friends and over 30K people following me. I just didn't care anymore. It is a diet, not a religion.

All of that will be part of what I share when I start making videos again this coming week. My last day of my job is TOMORROW! So exciting.

I love each of you - NO MATTER what you are currently eating. I will NEVER be your food police and will not tolerate anything like to happen in this community. I am here to be a light shiner, a love bringer and a day maker. More fruits & veggie for the win!!!

Hi Penni

I am so glad that you have made this step i know it will benefit so many people. Much of what i would say has already been said. But i shall add my views :) For elevated days i would be looking for the breakdown between Breakfast Lunch and Dinner with indicators for Raw/Vegan/Veg/Elevated by each recipe. For main meals a split between hot and cold and food you can prepare in advance and freeze.

Like many here i am a hectic girl and preparing the next days food in advance will be great. I am good at evening meals but find if i have 6am starts for work then making juices at 3am or even a healthy dinner becomes a miss and i eat at work (often unhealthily). Simple pre planned "packed" meals/smoothies juices would be great. 

One thing i would also like to see is a section on what we need in our diet. I read so much conflicting advice on RDAs and things as a vegan to supplement, as a vegetarian etc etc one go to book would also help.

Many years ago (sadly lost in so many housewives) I typed (before the days of computers) a list f legumes/pulses etc and their health benefits. I guess i could do this again but if its in there as a reference chart it would be great :)

Finally a space to add in my won recipes i come across, if this is a one stop book i would love to add in my fav recipes :)

I would like it to be further than elevated eats :) Maybe one book later is the reset programme as a workbook. I found the resets so informative and structured. Brilliant

You have posted so many great meals on Instagram/FB it would be wonderful to see you make them in the kitchen. I can follow any recipe but i am inspired to try things out when my creative side is triggered, that happens with Videos.

BIG HUGS and Welcome Back!!!!

As I read through the comments, I see that there are a number of wonderful books that people are wishing for that would be outside of the scope of what I would create in just a few days. My original intention is to bring together the top (my favorite and what I know to be the favorites of others) recipes from all my existing books. So this would not necessarily have new recipes or new concepts, but a reorganization of what already exists, with perhaps some "re-mastered" recipes. So it would be just like a "Greatest Hits" album by a favorite band!

I am not sure I'd add photos.... I would want it to be be easy for people to print out and put in a binder. But I also love the visuals of seeing the finished dish. Maybe two versions - a printable one and another w/ pics?

Also, the truth is that I see myself moving away from a focus on food. My heart is leading me towards a focus on bigger picture well-being, which would certainly include discussions of food and lifestyle, but not have that be any more than a "chapter" or a spoke of the wheel.

I still have a lot of prayer & meditation to do once I am officially off the "more-than-full-time-clock" of my job. So, we shall see, and again, I deeply appreciate all of the feedback. Love you all!!!

Hi Penni,
One of my favorite go - to recipes of yours is Ruby smokin hot tomato soup. My diet is now one of whole foods, including some animal protein. I was totally raw vegan for a long time, and my health improved. However, after time my health started to decline, and adding some animal protein helped things stabilize. I avoid dairy, and wheat, refined sugar whenever possible. I add in probiitic rich foods, like homemade Kim chi and sauerkraut, coconut yogurt . And, I eat some cooked foods for better nutrition. I try to stay well hydrated, sleep with better rest times, and light exercise. I still try to add in green juice or smoothie, lots of leafy greens and veggies. Yoga and walking are my key exercise. I write 2 columns, one on health and wellness, the other is a supplement food column. Prayer is key for me and simplifying my life has helped me health.

Keep up the good work.  I didn't know you had ebooks for sale.  

Wonderful Penni! I didn't hear that your father had passed away. My condolences. My fondest memory of him is his verdict, "Chili shouldn't be crunchy," after he sampled a chili you had augmented with chopped celery.

You did ask what i'm eatin' and not eatin', and I really want to talk to folks about it, because i'm THRILLED about it. Few people care about someone else's current eating fad, you know?  It's a lifetime version of McDougall's Maximum Weight Loss, so it's vegan, lots of veg, and plenty of starch. My body is workin' better than I've ever known it to work before and i rrrreally enjoy every meal.  The other folks in my McD'sMWL group also recognize that they suffer from some disordered eating, so we support each other in the realms of emotional eating and abstaining from trigger foods and all that.

I want to eat more of the freshy-fresh, as my pal Tanja Andrews of Freshtopia fame puts it. The reason I don't is because of another circumstance i'm THRILLED about: we moved into a tiny house! Yay! It's not the tiny house that makes raw food difficult, it's the way the fridge freezes all our food. Yeah, I'm not so thrilled about that.  So I'm sprouting and keeping as much as I can fresh in vases on the counter. 

When I read your compilation book, I'll be looking for the lowfat (raw and cooked) whole foods, vegan, recipies only. I'm hoping you will create an easy way to find them. So proud of and happy for you Penni!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2017   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service