Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

I woke up feeling like making some thing fun and festive for the 4th of July. I remembered a recipe I had made for one of our 11 week Initiatives last year, the Blueberry Mango Torte.  I think I may try to recreate this today with blueberries added to the mango for the filling (hopefully turning it blue) and then substitute raspberries for the topping. I'll let you know how it goes!

For the crust:
1 ½ cups pecans (or other nut of choice)
6 soft Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1 - 2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
Pinch sea salt

For the vanilla coconut crème:
½ cup shredded, unsweetened dried coconut flakes
1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
½ cup young Thai coconut milk (meat and water blended together until smooth)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon coconut butter, softened
¼ cup coconut nectar, raw agave or other sweetener of choice

For the filling:
1 firm, ripe mango, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries

Place the pecans in a food processor, grinding them to a coarse meal. Add the dates, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, processing until fully combined. Press this mixture into a 9-inch torte pan or glass pie plate. Chill.

In a clean, dry food processor bowl, grind the coconut into a powder. Add the vanilla bean seeds, coconut milk, vanilla extract and sweetener, blending until smooth. Add water by tablespoons only if needed to get the right texture.

Depending on your preference, either pulse in the mango slices or stir them into the vanilla coconut crème. Pour this mixture into the prepared crust and top with blueberries. If your filling seems a bit runny, chill the torte for one hour to firm, and then add the blueberries.

Views: 1652

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awwww Penni - You're the best!  I mean that.  I can't imagine how you manage to do all you do and seemingly meet all of our individual needs as well!  I surely do appreciate it!  This cleanse has been just the shot in the arm I needed to go from 75-85% Raw to 100% RAW and the camaraderie, support, humor, advice and heart-warming experiences have really impacted my life!  

I don't think of the 10-day cleanse being over, I think of just being on day 15 and counting!

Thanks again!

Happy 4th of July.......thanks for sharing Penni...I may try this for the weekend.

OMGosh  the picture of this America Torte is driving me crazy. It looks so good....

This looks incredible, Penni.  Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

I can't wait to make this! Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Happy 4th Penni thank you for this delicious recipe!! :-) xoxo

bluetiful!

Extraordinary!!!!!! This is simply extraordinary!!!!! Fabulous Penni!

Oy vey, that looks divine.  I like the cherry idea Cheryl.  Blackberries if you can find them fresh would be good too.

I just made a cherry dessert similar to this recipe and it was great, cherries are SO good right now here in OK! :)

Another yummy cake!

Not sure how I missed this but just now have seen it and can't wait to try it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

© 2018   Created by Penni.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service