Adding LIFE to your years and years to your life!
The following post is inspired by an email I received this morning from Jinjee of TheGardenDiet.com
I loved her list so much I decided to create one of my own. Share your additional ideas in the comments below!
50 Ways to Support Yourself with Raw Food
1. Clean out your kitchen! Throw away all your processed, boxed, packaged, chemical-laden, junk food & non-health promoting food items
2. Save your $$ and invest in buying a Vitamix, Blendtec or other high-speed blender
3. Get & stay inspired by watching films & documentaries that support your lifestyle - see our Media Room for ideas
4. Find, connect or begin a raw Meetup in your area
5. Experiment with new recipes - check the Culinary Center and Kitchen for ideas
6. Start sharing your journey with the community by adding blog posts or vlogs here at Raw Food Rehab
7. Invite friends over for a totally raw food meal (ask everyone to bring something)
8. Read Small Town Raw - BIG CITY TASTE by Paul Risse
9. Join a weekly farm box (CSA) program like Rawfully Organic - check what's happening in your area at http://LocalHarvest.org
10. Google search for, visit and support organic, raw, vegetarian, vegan food restaurants in your area or when you travel
11. Find answers, learn and share from one another in our Wellness Center
12. Do the 28 Days Total Reset Cleanse outlined in the book Raw Food Cleanse
13. Make staying super-hydrated a priority for vibrant health & weight loss!
14. Attend a raw food related event (& add yours to our Events section!)
15. Work at creating beautiful looking and tasting food for yourself and others
16. Walk barefoot on the earth and enjoy meals outside in the sun
17. Dry brush your skin daily to help clear your lymphatic system
18. Get a daily shot of raw inspiration by stopping by our Facebook Page daily
19. Inspire your best friend or a co-worker to do a raw food cleanse with you
20. Move your body every day & find motivation in our Fitness Room
21. Wait 5 minutes for cravings to pass before decided to act on them
22. Remember - Nothing Tastes as Good as Eating Raw Feels!
23. Don't criticize others or be dogmatic about being 100% raw
24. Be committed to the diet that works best for you & lead by your actions more than your words
25. Buy a Magic Bullet or Tribest Personal Blender to keep at your office & to use when you travel
26. Save your $$ to buy a rebounder (mini-trampoline) & bounce everyday!
27. Educate yourself about what is going on with food systems and corporations in this country
28. Become an Intuitarian - tuning into your own gut level intuition about what to eat daily
29. Drink more green juice & find ideas for what to juice in our Liquid Lounge
30. Make friends with farmers in your area
31. Read Green For Life by Victoria Boutenko
32. Know how to answer the question - Where Do You Get Your Protein?
33. Start sprouting (see our Greenhouse) and consider starting a Garden!
34. Get serious about breaking food addictions & make a commitment to love yourself enough to heal your body
35. Fine-tune the raw diet to suit your lifestyle and your needs
36. Put photos of beautiful raw fruits on your wall, desktop and kitchen & share your photos here!
37. Postpone giving in to your non-raw cravings until "tomorrow"
38. Turn off the TV and go to Pinterest and indulge yourself in raw food eye candy!
39. Find raw comfort foods by visiting blogs and reading raw food books - see our Library for ideas
40. Find a farmer's market near you at http://LocalHarvest.org
41. Make a menu plan you can stick with - to get or share ideas - scroll through our Core Menu post
42. Be inspired by & support people, like Bill Barlow, who have transformed their life & who lead by example
43. Read Going Raw by Judita Wignall
44. Get your leafy greens in every day
45. Get extra protein from hemp or almond milk
46. Get additional protein from adding chia seeds into your smothies or as porridge
47. Enjoy raw cacao wisely, as it can tax your adrenals in high doses
48. Watch Average Joe on the Raw
49. Eat a big epic salad every day
50. Don't EVER quit or give up!
This is awesome!!!
Trying to get there, but family is sooo resistant to let the processed foods go...even myself at times!!!
I really like this idea of carrying the cooler along!!! a survival kit so to speak!
If you decide to eat something that no longer serves you, "Make the next bite raw".
Watch the films "Forks Over Knives" and "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead".
Get brave and watch the free online film that inspired Ellen DeGerneres to go vegan, "Earthlings".
Read Susan's blog often to renew your mind with positive thoughts.
Carry a small cooler, cutting board and knife in your car to make grocery stores your raw food restaurants.
I just LOVE this list! Thanks for providing us with the links - I love the convenience of it.
Sunny, Princeton, NJ
Love it!!!!! Now let's FOLLOW it!!