Real Food Rehab

No rigid rules, labels or dogmas.... just REAL food, for your body, mind & soul!

For some rehabbers, this may be a great way to help you jump start the beginning of your 11 Week Initiative, especially if you feel things in your current diet have gotten a little out of control. In my book I share that this is an ideal way to push the reset button on your patterns and kick your journey to a higher level of optimal health and weigh loss into gear.

3 DAY ENERGY BOOST -

DAY 1

It’s generally best to start on a Friday, or when you are going to have a couple of days free from heavy daily demands.

Upon arising:
Drink 32 oz. of pure, alkaline rich water with lemon to help wake up & flush the system.
You will continue to drink pure water throughout the day, keeping track and working towards your personal goal in ounces depending upon your body weight.

Breakfast:
Have a Smoothie or a bowl of fresh mixed fruit. Eat as much as desired.

Lunch:
A colorful salad with your dressing of choice from the or a simple mixture of cold pressed olive oil, lemon juice & Celtic sea salt.

After Work:
1 – 2 cups of a mild laxative tea, like Smooth Move w/ fresh lemon.

Dinner:
Consume an all raw dinner; begin with fruits, preferably low glycemic (berries, stone fruits), then a large mixed green salad with plenty of veggies (cucumber, bell pepper, tomato, avocado, sprouts, etc.) Again, make a dressing with olive oil, lemon and Celtic sea salt. Check out The Kitchen for ideas.

In bed by 10 pm, goal is 8 hours of quality sleep.

DAY 2

If you are able to schedule a deep tissue massage, time in a sauna or steam room, this will be very beneficial. Also doing an enema or having colon hydrotherapy would also enhance your experience and reduce any uncomfortable detoxing symptoms that could begin to manifest.

Upon Arising:
Start off with 32 oz. of pure, clean water with lemon.

Breakfast:
Energize and detoxify with 16 oz. of alkalinizing green based juice:
See the list of juices in the Liquid Lounge

Mid-Morning:
Exercise if possible, either a brisk walk or 15 minutes on a mini-trampoline. Upon completion, drink the rest of your green juice.

Lunch:
Enjoy another large salad, dressing of your choice.

After lunch, prep for tonight’s dinner:

Balancing Broth
Yes, this is cooked. Please substitute a raw blended soup if you are all raw. Some who are transitioning to raw find this grounds and comforts them during the cleanse, especially in the colder months.

In a stock pot:
10 cups pure filtered water
2 onions, scrubbed, skin left on
4 cloves garlic
4 carrots, not peeled
4 stalks celery
2 potatoes, any variety, scrubbed, skin on
½ cup fresh parsley
2 bay leaves
1 tsp each thyme & basil
2 cups broccoli
1 ½ inch piece kombu seaweed
pinch of cayenne, if desired

Chop all veggies into 1 inch cubes. Cover with water and bring to a boil, cooking over a low heat for 2 – 4 hours. Cool, strain, discarding the vegetables, and store in an airtight container (glass mason jars are great) in your refrigerator.

Mid-Afternoon:
Enjoy a herbal tea, Smart Cocktail or Ecstatic Elixir. Rest or nap for one hour if possible.

Dinner:
Have a large bowl of Balancing Broth and another salad. Try to select a dressing that has avocado a s the base for some needed essential fatty acid.

In bed by 10 pm….going for 8 hours of sleep!

DAY 3

Upon arising: Have your 32 oz. of pure water with lemon. Also plan to consume the correct amount of water throughout the day.

Breakfast:
Green Smoothie:
2 big handfuls of spinach or kale (de-veined)
1 cup fresh or frozen berries
1 tsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp chia seeds, soaked
2 cups of fresh almond milk or water

Place all ingredients in to your blender and combine until smooth and creamy. Drink 16 – 32 oz. of this throughout the morning.

Mid morning:
Try to get 30 minutes of exercise and be sure to drink herbal tea and/or water to replenish afterward.

Lunch:
Enjoy another bowl of last night’s Balancing Broth along with a Orange Spinach Salad with Orange Tahini Dressing.

Mid afternoon:
Green Drink and rest time…..
1 bunch of leafy green lettuce
½ head celery
1 cucumber
1-2 granny smith apples
1 lime

Dinner:
Start with a Smart Cocktail, if desired. Then a bed of mixed greens with grated carrot, beet and purple cabbage and steamed broccoli & onions with Bragg Aminos.. Choose either a basic or avocado based dressing.

In bed by 10 pm…..go for 8 hours of rest!

Views: 2926

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's ok ... i found out!
Thanks.

Ty Hellier said:
Hey guys,
How do you work out the goal to aim for with drinking water, according to body weight.
Hopefully this isn't a daft question! :)

Thank you and have a great evening!
Ok...just getting back into the Unit. You let me know if you need anything, K?

Ty Hellier said:
It's ok ... i found out!
Thanks.

Ty Hellier said:
Hey guys,
How do you work out the goal to aim for with drinking water, according to body weight.
Hopefully this isn't a daft question! :)

Thank you and have a great evening!
Ok, so starting this today. I failed miserably last weekend when hunger struck me. How can i stop this happening again? I am NOT going to fail this time, so any help with cravings or hunger and how to be rid of these would be a real help.
I was thinking maybe do 100 jumping jacks??? ha.

Thanks for listening!
Hi Ty/everyone,

> I failed miserably last weekend when hunger struck me.

I would say try as hard as you can to reframe this for yourself, not that you failed. Maybe just the time wasn't right for you. Sometimes I'm hungrier than others, sometimes this flow better than others. Ya know? Just don't be too hard on yourself (I'm saying this to myself as I type this =). I'm queen of too hard on myself).

> How can i stop this happening again? I did this cleanse and loved the structure. What I did was drink LOTS of water, helps with sooo many things and hunger. Often we feel hungry and we're just dehydrated. Also I made a huge salad for a day or two so once I realized I was hungry I didn't have to wait an hour to chop everything. So prepping as much as possible.

After all the prepping, if you've eaten what's outlined and you still feel hungry I might have another small salad and/or green smoothie with minimal fruit.

> any help with cravings or hunger and how to be rid of these would be a real help.

This cleanse will help with cravings and rebalance your appetite. You're mixing things up so I think we can expect some things to get stirred up - hunger, cravings - but if we can move through it we'll see pretty cool stuff on the other side. Also Penni's brilliant and added chia seeds for lots of reasons I'm sure, one of which is it helps you feel full so don't skip that one!

I hope this helps. Keep us updated and ask more questions if you have them! Best of luck!

Ty Hellier said:
Ok, so starting this today. I failed miserably last weekend when hunger struck me. How can i stop this happening again? I am NOT going to fail this time, so any help with cravings or hunger and how to be rid of these would be a real help.

Thanks for listening!
Hey Cari,
Thank you so much for the advice, i really appreciate it.
I did beat myself up about the failure last week, but this week will be different.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Cari said:
Hi Ty/everyone,

I would say try as hard as you can to reframe this for yourself, not that you failed. Maybe just the time wasn't right for you. Sometimes I'm hungrier than others, sometimes this flow better than others. Ya know? Just don't be too hard on yourself (I'm saying this to myself as I type this =). I'm queen of too hard on myself).

> How can i stop this happening again? I did this cleanse and loved the structure. What I did was drink LOTS of water, helps with sooo many things and hunger. Often we feel hungry and we're just dehydrated. Also I made a huge salad for a day or two so once I realized I was hungry I didn't have to wait an hour to chop everything. So prepping as much as possible.

After all the prepping, if you've eaten what's outlined and you still feel hungry I might have another small salad and/or green smoothie with minimal fruit.

> any help with cravings or hunger and how to be rid of these would be a real help.

This cleanse will help with cravings and rebalance your appetite. You're mixing things up so I think we can expect some things to get stirred up - hunger, cravings - but if we can move through it we'll see pretty cool stuff on the other side. Also Penni's brilliant and added chia seeds for lots of reasons I'm sure, one of which is it helps you feel full so don't skip that one!

I hope this helps. Keep us updated and ask more questions if you have them! Best of luck!

Ty Hellier said:

Thanks for listening!
Also, if you miss the colon hydrotherapy or enema, will i still get a good effect?

Ty Hellier said:
Hey Cari,
Thank you so much for the advice, i really appreciate it.
I did beat myself up about the failure last week, but this week will be different.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Cari said:
Hi Ty/everyone,

Ty Hellier said:

Thanks for listening!
Ty....

Cari, pretty much said it all! Just remember, it's only 3 days! You CAN do it and while you're doing it keep reminding yourself why you are doing this. Think of this as a gift you are giving yourself. We've all spent plenty of time trashing our bodies, so this time of re-balancing and cleansing is a brilliant gift to you! I'm praying that you will enjoy this time and that you can also rest!
You will still do fine, but I highly recommend this part, if you are able to do it. You should still have bowel movements, especially if you are drinking the laxative tea. I just think that the colon cleansing takes things to a deeper level.

Ty Hellier said:
Also, if you miss the colon hydrotherapy or enema, will i still get a good effect?

Hi,
You're so welcome. Best of luck!

I wasn't able to get a massage (now thinking i should have taken a bath) or a colon cleanse. Just do what you can. Take it day by day, hour by hour and you will do the best you can that day with the resources you have that day. You know what I mean? Some days, like today, my kids wake me up 3 hours early so I'm exhausted. I can't let myself get upset about it which makes it worse. So, I have to change my plans for today which means not 'accomplishing' as much as I hoped to. But I will do the best I can today with the resources I have this day. Take is slow, be kind to yourself because that's what RAW is to me - getting to know your body, learning to listen to your body, and giving it what it wants - real whole foods!

Ty Hellier said:

Thanks Penni.
It is only 3 days and i am determined to make the most of this opportunity and give my body a great gift.
Looking forward to the challenge.
I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Penni said:
You will still do fine, but I highly recommend this part, if you are able to do it. You should still have bowel movements, especially if you are drinking the laxative tea. I just think that the colon cleansing takes things to a deeper level.

Ty Hellier said:

Cari, great advice and thank you again.

Cari said:
Hi,
You're so welcome. Best of luck!

I wasn't able to get a massage (now thinking i should have taken a bath) or a colon cleanse. Just do what you can. Take it day by day, hour by hour and you will do the best you can that day with the resources you have that day. You know what I mean? Some days, like today, my kids wake me up 3 hours early so I'm exhausted. I can't let myself get upset about it which makes it worse. So, I have to change my plans for today which means not 'accomplishing' as much as I hoped to. But I will do the best I can today with the resources I have this day. Take is slow, be kind to yourself because that's what RAW is to me - getting to know your body, learning to listen to your body, and giving it what it wants - real whole foods!

Ty Hellier said:

I am going to start this on Monday : )

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Fresh Eats Inspiration

Grab Your Copy

Blog Posts

I'm back, and desperate for healing...

Posted by Silmiriel on February 16, 2017 at 12:53pm 5 Comments

So, back after 3 years :)

Posted by Winterdrop on January 22, 2017 at 9:23am 1 Comment

Water fast

Posted by nancy Mahardy on May 24, 2016 at 10:06pm 0 Comments