Adding LIFE to your years and years to your life!
20 Tips for a Positive New Year
(Updated for 2012 by Jon Gordon - with a Penni twist : )
1. Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible or you can trust that with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
2. Take a morning walk of gratitude. I call it a "Thank You Walk." It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
3. Formulate your personal food plan, keeping your kitchen well stocked with only what's on your program, always staying mindful about the reasons you are making these better choices.
4. Zoom Focus. Each day when you wake up in the morning ask: "What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?" Then tune out all the distractions and focus on these actions.
5. Instead of being disappointed about where you are, think optimistically about where you are going.
6. Remember that adversity is not a dead-end but a detour to a better outcome.
7. Don't chase success. Instead decide to make a difference and success will find you.
8. Get more sleep. You can't replace sleep with a double latte.
9. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
10. Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
11. Live with the 3 E's. Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
12. Remember there's no substitute for hard work.
13. Believe that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
14. Implement the No Complaining Rule. Remember that complaining is like vomiting. Afterwards you feel better but everyone arounds you feels sick.
15. Read more books than you did in 2011. I happen to know of a few good ones. :)
16. Don't seek happiness. Instead decide to live with passion and purpose and happiness will find you. Please see Susan's book study on The Seed in the Common Area!
17. Focus on "Get to" vs "Have to." Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift not an obligation.
18. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished____________.
19. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
20. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.
I am a Jon Gordon fan!!!
Lovley list, and a few things I need to add to mine too!
Thanks for this so much!
Love it! Especially #14, it made me laugh out loud :)
After reading what you post, Penni, I always want to give you a great big hug!
No. 17 -- I am so fortunate I get to eat this rainbow of food brimming with vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. How awesome is that?
Thanks so much, I love it!!
Thanks Penni for some very special INSPIRATION!
I have add a few to mine.............
Thank you :)
Very helpful list Penni..... there are a few I didn't even think about so thank you!
Excellent Tips! I will do my very best to follow through on most of these. :) Looking forward to lots of success this year with my own personal accomplishments as well as in ways I can help others too!
There are some things on that list that I'm already doing, and the other things I will do in addition to what I'm already doing. My family just don't understand the lifestyle and diet that I'm adopting. They still think that I'm anorexic while other people tell me I look phenomenal. I love this website and I'm staying right here. I'm not going anywhere. I will be a raw primal (or paleo) vegan and exercise intensely whether my family likes it or not. I don't care what my family says. I tried telling them about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, inspiring them, but they are so afraid of being anorexic they didn't want to listen or understand. I even told them that they will not be anorexic, but they would never believe me. I care about tne animals and nature with loads of respect. I love this place. I want to stay forever to insure my faithfulness. I love everybody here. They are like my family! God bless you!
Vanessa Machelle Helm